Thread: Natural alternatives to mock dairy/egg/honey products?

Default Natural alternatives to mock dairy/egg/honey products?

So of course I have my favorite brands- daiya, tofutti, so delicious. But I was wondering if there were any natural alternatives to make from home, instead of these processed brands. Or at least organic versions of these. Any recipes?

(oh, and sorry if there was already a topic like this; i didn't see one, but I didn't look too hard.)

Default Re: Natural alternatives to mock dairy/egg/honey products?

Hi

Lots of people seem to use agave syrup instead of honey. There is a honey recipe that you can make using parsley and sugar. I posted it on another thread about honey but can't find it now.

I really like nut cheeses http://www.maplespice.com/2011/04/ba...-dill-oil.html. They aren't really the same as things like daiya though but are good as replacements for feta and parmesan.

I've started to make my own mayonnaise it's really easy and basically just uses soya milk and lemon juice. Much cheaper as well.

I use tofu for scrambled egg and thing like soya flour and banana in cakes as a replacement.

I've posted it a couple of times before but sliced tinned artichokes make a great cheese alternative in cooked meals like pizza and pasta.
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

You could try making raw cashew cheese, I have used this recipe in the past with some success: http://chetroy.com/healthyvegan/?p=75