Thread: Jamie Oliver epic fail! (For Snowflower)

Default Jamie Oliver epic fail! (For Snowflower)

In another thread I told the story of Jamie Olivers 'epic fail' in trying to open American kids eyes to the disgustingness of what their school canteens were feeding them.

(Snowflower asked for a link)

Decided it was funny/sad enough to give it a topic of its own!

All done in the best possible taste ...

Default Re: Jamie Oliver EPIC FAIL! (For Snowflower .. )

Note to Jamie - Don't try the experiment with kids on an empty stomach. But seriously just imagine what those kids when they grow up are gonna feed their kids! The horror!

P.S. Can't believe I used to eat that dog food as a kid :P Mum/dad wtf we're you thinking letting me even get a whiff of that heart disease food as a kid......I'm gonna forward this vid to my sister she takes her 4year old to mcdonalds when she can't be arsed cooking.
    "I dream of painting and then I paint my dream"

Vincent Van Gogh

Default Re: Jamie Oliver EPIC FAIL! (For Snowflower .. )

Quote markusaurelius View Post
    Note to Jamie - Don't try the experiment with kids on an empty stomach. But seriously just imagine what those kids when they grow up are gonna feed their kids! The horror!

P.S. Can't believe I used to eat that dog food as a kid :P Mum/dad wtf we're you thinking letting me even get a whiff of that heart disease food as a kid......I'm gonna forward this vid to my sister she takes her 4year old to mcdonalds when she can't be arsed cooking.
    You look 10-15 years too young to remember when a white bread, white sugar and condensed milk sandwhich (condensed milk optional) was considered a perfectly good tea to serves ones kiddies Markus?

Anyways if you like horror films then this one, 'The Great Vegetable Test', should absolutely delight you!

All done in the best possible taste ...

Default Re: Jamie Oliver epic fail! (For Snowflower)

Thank god er goodness for brain plasticity

Nope. Never had a white bread, white sugar & condensed milk sandwich but did have chicken nuggets, chips, salt (did not even like ketchup!) and coca cola.
    "I dream of painting and then I paint my dream"

Vincent Van Gogh

I remember watching this. Enough to make you weep and gnash your teeth.
    "You're right, Jackie. The Fonz could beat up Bruce Lee."

Haven't seen that before. Absolutely minging, that. Am now feeling a bit nauseous, especially as the kids ate the result! God, what have we come to?

Is connective tissue etc particularly un-nutritious? Maybe it is, I don't know.

From an aesthetic point of view I don't find it any more disgusting than other bits of dead bird, personally, and if people are going to kill animals for food then there's something to be said for using as much of it as possible, IMO.

Quote harpy View Post
    Is connective tissue etc particularly un-nutritious? Maybe it is, I don't know.

From an aesthetic point of view I don't find it any more disgusting than other bits of dead bird, personally, and if people are going to kill animals for food then there's something to be said for using as much of it as possible, IMO.
    Well, yes, but using the worst, least nutritious bits of carcase and serving them at a 'restaurant' (I'm looking at you, McDonalds) at a huge profit is particularly startling. I think Jamie Oliver's point about this stuff is that food businesses make a massive profit in advertising and selling these things for children's consumption, when in fact it's damaging to both human health and animals. Poor people are especially at risk of sh*t food, because fat, MRM and salt are all cheap ingredients. One of the reasons I became vegan is the political aspect of food production - I got particularly hacked off by the cynicism of the food industry, charging us all a bloody fortune for rubbish food and dressing it up as attractive and nutritious. (You're right, chicken corpses are never an attractive look!) It's time celebrity cooks did something REALLY radical and cooked up a vegan storm instead....