Thread: Animal placenta now being used in beauty products

Unhappy Animal placenta now being used in beauty products

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...instream.html#

Yep its a new fad apprantly. Used in facials, now to be used in hair products. Animal Placentas....

"Facials containing extracts of animal placenta have been one of the latest fads to hit Hollywood, but now the ingredient is starting to attract the attention of the mainstream beauty industry."

Can it get anymore disgusting?

Default Re: Animal Placenta Now Being Used In Beauty Products

Quote KatVonLee View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...instream.html#

Yep its a new fad apprantly. Used in facials, now to be used in hair products. Animal Placentas....

"Facials containing extracts of animal placenta have been one of the latest fads to hit Hollywood, but now the ingredient is starting to attract the attention of the mainstream beauty industry."

Can it get anymore disgusting?

Dunno, but then I have just watched that Jamie Oliver video where he mechanically recovers chicken bits in a blender and dishes up the result as nuggets. I considered whether serving the placenta for tea and using chicken nugget extract as a facial would be more disgusting, and have decided that both options are making me feel distinctly queasy....

Default Re: Animal Placenta Now Being Used In Beauty Products

Eww! Now I'm very skeptical about cosmetics (as I am with most things) but I very much doubt this has any beneficial effect, they're just looking for rare or unusual things to justify their silly price tags.

I was going to say something along the lines of "at least it's a by-product", but really, once money exchanges hands for any animal part it's not a by-product but a product, making the whole industry more profitable.
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth