Thread: Vegan Bakewell Tarts?

Question Vegan Bakewell Tarts?

I used to love these when I lived in the UK years ago. Does anyone have a vegan recipe for them? Or know where I can order vegan versions?

immmm bakewell tarts.....

Love

Smile

I was recently in a U.K. supermarket with a whole bunch of other vegan,animal rights folks after an animal rights demo and we were gathered in the cafe area.
    One of the group had a packet of bakewell tarts which were from the store's "free from"range(free from dairy,eggs etc)and they offered us one each.They looked exquisite but the guy only had a pack of four and we didn't feel cheecky enough to eat half of his supply.
    I can contact the store to double check they are infact vegan and if so,would you like some sent over?
    With love from Love.XXX.

Quote cedarblue
    immmm bakewell tarts.....
    Ok, that didn't help me much but at least you know how good they are . I was just sitting at my desk enjoying a cuppa organic english breakfast tea + rooibos (courtesy of....you ) and was thinking how nice a vegan bakewell tart would be.

Love

You blinked and missed my message,lol!
    With love from Love.XXX

I was recently in a U.K. supermarket with a whole bunch of other vegan,animal rights folks after an animal rights demo and we were gathered in the cafe area.
    One of the group had a packet of bakewell tarts which were from the store's "free from"range(free from dairy,eggs etc)and they offered us one each.They looked exquisite but the guy only had a pack of four and we didn't feel cheecky enough to eat half of his supply.
    I can contact the store to double check they are infact vegan and if so,would you like some sent over?
    With love from Love.XXX.
    These the ones?

Love

Lol,hey,that pic is giving me deja vu,lol!
    Do you know if they are definately vegan or not as I want to be101%sure before sending any to our americam vegan sister?
    If you are unsure I will phone Tecso's customer services.
    Hey,you're not the guy who offered us some are you,lol,how uncanny would THAT be?
    With love from Love.XXX.

Even if the box says that they are free from eggs and dairy, they might not count cochineal as an animal product. I think alot of times, those cherries are died with the dead bugs.

Love

Wink Rest Assured

Rest assured sister,they will not be coming your way unless they are 101%vegan
    We have been vegan for coming up to 2 years now and are accustomed to being thorough re checking ingredients
    With love from Love.XXX.

if anyone gets them let us know if theyre tasty, and like real bakewell tarts! im a fan but will be upset if i ate them and they tasted like cardboard! he he cheers
    www.myspace.com/natureworks1

Here's a bakewell tart recipe feline01 (in English )

http://www.veggies.org.uk/recipes/bakewell.htm

As for the Tesco bakewell tarts, they are vegan, it says so on the box. They're quite nice, but very sweet.

Thanks M

Sounds doable but I don't know how to make shortcrust pastry and I've never seen it for sale here. I'm not very good at baking period. Is it obvious?

Thanks

Love

Simply PM me re where you want your vegan bakewell tarts sent and... enjoy the anticipation
    With love from Love.XXX.

Lol,hey,that pic is giving me deja vu,lol!
    Do you know if they are definately vegan or not as I want to be101%sure before sending any to our americam vegan sister?
    If you are unsure I will phone Tecso's customer services.
    Hey,you're not the guy who offered us some are you,lol,how uncanny would THAT be?
    With love from Love.XXX.
    Nope, I'm not that guy Just some sad person who decided that she had more than enough time on her hands to post the photo

I don't eat cakes at all. I also am having a 'fat' problem at the moment healthy eating or not!

Love

Hi there!
    Now I've checked your profile and lovely profile pic( denim goddess )I see that you are not a guy!
    I really enjoyed the pic of the packet of cakes you posted cos I'm a cakeless zone at the moment and that pic was the next best thing
    I too am currently challenged by fat,I'm 5,5 and weighed in yesterday at 11 stones and 7 pounds
    Consequently I have begun a fitness regime(see fitness and what I ate today threads)
    If you need any moral support re healthy eating etc don't hesitate to look in my direction
    With love from Love.XXX

Thanks Love........I might take you up on that. I have had to stop any exercise because of my back operation and I am at home at the moment just 'slobbing' around......hence the lbs going on.....and on......

Love

Wink

Great big healing-hug-bear-hug@your back cos virtual hugs won't hurt your currently sensitive back
    With love from Love.XXX.

Love

Question Guess What?!

Guess what's waiting in my kitchen cupboard to be sent overseas in the general direction of a certain someones tummy?!

asda in uk stock bakers delight range which do bakewell tarts. click on the pies & tarts links and then go to page 2.
    dont be alarmed - they havent updated their web site, the boxes very clearly state they are suitable for vegans.
    would walmart stock them in the us?
    i can also send to anyone who would like to try these - pm me

Quote cedarblue
    asda in uk stock bakers delight range which do bakewell tarts. click on the pies & tarts links and then go to page 2.
    dont be alarmed - they havent updated their web site, the boxes very clearly state they are suitable for vegans.
    would walmart stock them in the us?
    i can also send to anyone who would like to try these - pm me
    Walmart probably doesn't stock them but I wouldn't go there anyway, there one of the companies I refuse to give my money to due to their horrific business practices (locking employees into their stores during the night shift, hiring illegal aliens and paying them below poverty rates, offering health insurance that is discounted for them at very high rates for the employees etc.) . I think those bakewell tarts might be the ones LOVE is sending me . I'll post here as to how they taste once they arrive.

I just received my box of tarts from LOVE, immediately opened them and ate one. All I can say is YUM!! Admittedly, not as good as the non-vegan ones but knowing that no animal products were used in them makes it taste much, much better.

Thank You LOVE!!!

And all the way from the good ol' UK

Love

Talking

So glad that they have arrived and have brought you some pleasure
    With love from Love.XXX.