Thread: 30 minute vegan by Mark Reinfeld and Jennifer Murray

Default 30 minute vegan by Mark Reinfeld and Jennifer Murray

I just got this cookbook out of the library. To be honest I'm not finding it too inspiring, but it could be just that I'm not in a cooking mood. Does anyone have this book and if so which recipes would you recommend?
    Houmous atá ann!

Default Re: 30 minute vegan by Mark Reinfeld and Jennifer Murray

I borrowed that book from the library a long time ago, when I first went vegan. I copied a few recipes from it, but I don't remember what they all were except the Moroccan couscous and the African sweet potato soup which was decent. It seems to be one of those books geared more towards new vegans figuring out what to eat as the recipes are fairly common with a few tweaks here and there. I could be wrong as its been a while since I saw it. I did like the sweet potato soup though.

Quote Robinwomb View Post
    I borrowed that book from the library a long time ago, when I first went vegan. I copied a few recipes from it, but I don't remember what they all were except the Moroccan couscous and the African sweet potato soup which was decent. It seems to be one of those books geared more towards new vegans figuring out what to eat as the recipes are fairly common with a few tweaks here and there. I could be wrong as its been a while since I saw it. I did like the sweet potato soup though.
    It is a very general book, I think you're right that its aimed at people learning to cook. It also has an emphasis on raw/living foods which isn't really my thing.
    Houmous atá ann!

I brought it back to the library without making or copying any of the recipes. They could be amazing but they didn't inspire me. Don't let that put anyone off trying it, it just wasn't for me.
    Houmous atá ann!

Default Re: 30 minute vegan by Mark Reinfeld and Jennifer Murray

Quote Blueberries View Post
    I brought it back to the library without making or copying any of the recipes. They could be amazing but they didn't inspire me. Don't let that put anyone off trying it, it just wasn't for me.
    I agree with you blueberries, I think it can be a useful book for the right person. It just isnt as exciting as other cookbooks, but most of the recipes are fairly health oriented and not too out there with ingredients people have never heard of so that is a plus. I hope you find something more up your alley! It's encouraging that we can find vegan books at the library now anyway!