Thread: Quick, nutritious and easy meals for one?

Question Quick, nutritious and easy meals for one?

Hello Everyone!

I'm not around here all that often as I'm really busy...which leads me to my next point!

I love being vegan and cooking. However, I have about 12 minutes a day to myself at the moment! I work full-time, volunteer at a local school and live a somewhat nomadic existence whereby I'm often at others houses at the weekend.

I want to know, are there any nutritious, veggie filled, easy recipes for one? Recently I've found myself eating a lot of 'things on toast' and those instant Food Doctor quinoa pots and the like. I don't like relying on these kinds of foods and want to know what your 'go-to' recipes are for just one person?

I don't have the storage space to do batch cooking (I'd love to!) unfortunately.

Things I love - anything Meditteranean, Asian, tofu, beans.

Things I'm not too keen on - Anything OTT spicy, bland English food, soy substitutes.

Thanks so much in advance!

Jo

Default Re: Quick, nutritious and easy meals for one?

you can make veggie wraps! just throw your fav veggies in a tortilla, drizzle some dressing, fold it up and ur ready to go. You can also buy things like soups in a can and make yourself a grilled veggie or cheese sandwich to go with it. I also enjoy tortilla chips with salsa and vegan refried bean-yummy!
    Tanya

Thanks! Not sure how easy that'll be though as I can't buy a lot of fresh veggies as I'm all over the place. I'll give it a go though!

Supermarkets sell packets of veg ready cut up for stir-fries etc (although watch out as they sometimes have non-vegan sauces in them). They are pretty expensive and a bit of an ecological disaster compared with buying the veg and cutting them up yourself but if you're on the hoof perhaps it would be less wasteful, and faster. You could of course make them into other things than stir-fries, such as quick soup, fills for wraps and so on. I would add some nuts or beans (out of a tin) to make it more substantial.

In the same vein, you could buy a mixed salad and some of those roast veg etc that they sell in little tubs - mix that up (no dressing needed) and add some nuts or tofu. Mind you that's not such an appealing prospect when it's getting chilly.

Thanks harpy.
    I frozen some veggies and fresh spinach which is really easy. Made some scrambled tofu with spinach and avocado this morning for my breakfast and it was scrummy. Also picked up some Lloyd Grossman mushroom and tomato pasta sauce which I mixed with pasta and some veggies for lunch. Not hard work at all!