Thread: Halloween Sweets

Not currently a vegan

Default Halloween Sweets

Hi all,

Can anyone please let me know if there are any trick or treat sweets that are vegan and available in supermarkets?

Thank you.

Default Re: Halloween Sweets

sour patch kids, swedish fish and dumdums I believe all are vegan
    Tanya

Quote BellaTanie View Post
    sour patch kids, swedish fish and dumdums I believe all are vegan
    Probably not really available in the UK though. I think the vegan store and alternative stores do big bags of vegan sweets for halloween. When it comes to stuff available in the supermarket.. I don't have kids so I don't know much about vegan sweets but emm Jelly tots, alot of lollipops, those little candy braclets (check for E120). Hmm do kids like Fry's chocolate creams? Softmints, polomints.
    Houmous atá ann!

We did vegan halloween bags last year... I agree with jelly tots... Also I think starburst, kinnerton chocolate lollipops, humdinger dairy free buttons (both available in free from section of supermarket) a lot if strawberry laces, most chuppa chups, raspberry ruffle bars or individual wrapped ruffle sweets (available from farmfoods, Iceland, home bargains, some supermarkets), foxes glacier sweets, you could also put in little packets of raisins, and we sometimes put in a few 1ps, 2ps and 5ps for their piggy banks.

i don't think most kids would like frys choc creams... I didn't as a child lol.

Quote kikifromscotland View Post
    We did vegan halloween bags last year... I agree with jelly tots... Also I think starburst, kinnerton chocolate lollipops, humdinger dairy free buttons (both available in free from section of supermarket) a lot if strawberry laces, most chuppa chups, raspberry ruffle bars or individual wrapped ruffle sweets (available from farmfoods, Iceland, home bargains, some supermarkets), foxes glacier sweets, you could also put in little packets of raisins, and we sometimes put in a few 1ps, 2ps and 5ps for their piggy banks.
    I'd be well happy to get one of those bags! Well done

Quote kikifromscotland View Post
    i don't think most kids would like frys choc creams... I didn't as a child lol.
    I doubt I did either, I thought maybe kids had changed! haha
    Houmous atá ann!

I just ordered a few items (t shirt and calcium powder) from veganessentials and my items arrived in two days of my order here in the U.S. I did see that they have some vegan halloween candy options there although it didn't look too cheap.

Just remembered we also had some wee plastic spiders and snakes which we put in the bags. Another idea is pink panther wafers, you can get a big bag of individually wrapped ones.

Not currently a vegan

Thanks to everyone for replying and giving me lots of spooky sweet ideas!

Quite a few of the Swizzel Matlow range are vegan, I put a list here:http://www.veganforum.com/forums/sho...l=1#post693695

Sainsbury's strawberry pencils, Raffles bars - bags of mini ones often available in pound shops, Flying Saucers, can't think of any more not previously mentioned, oh, murray mints are OK too