Thread: Trip to Augusta

Question Trip to Augusta

I am travelling to Augusta soon and staying with relatives. They have asked what to get in for me - shampoo, milk, margarine and other things. I am used to getting mostly European products so am unsure what to ask for. They are omnis so unlikely to be clued up on vegan products. Do you have the leaping bunny logo over there? That would help them. I have heard that the vegan marg to buy is Earth Balance but is it widely available? What about toiletries? Bread - is that mostly ok? I was thinking of sending for some stuff from iherb to go to them would that be a good idea?
    Thanks for any tips

Hi Pansypuss, I'm not in the US so I can't really answer most of your questions but bringing toiletries with you or getting then delivered to their house are good ways to go. iHerb are pretty good, I've bought from them before although never toiletries (only marshmallows!). Hopefully some of our American counterparts can help you

Oh and the leaping bunny doesn't always mean 'vegan', it means 'not tested on animals' so it could include ingredients vegetarians find acceptable like milk, eggs, honey etc.
    Houmous atá ann!

Default Re: Trip to Augusta

Hi Blueberries, ty for answering. I was hoping to leave toiletries until we get there as they are so heavy to carry. Also I was looking forward to buying some different vegan products to bring home! I will def be sending for marshmallows to bring back! I wasn't thinking about veganicity so much with the leaping bunny but you are right and I must let them know. Where are all the helpful answers from people living over there though? I thought I'd be inundated with replies

Quote Pansypuss View Post
    Hi Blueberries, ty for answering. I was hoping to leave toiletries until we get there as they are so heavy to carry. Also I was looking forward to buying some different vegan products to bring home! I will def be sending for marshmallows to bring back! I wasn't thinking about veganicity so much with the leaping bunny but you are right and I must let them know. Where are all the helpful answers from people living over there though? I thought I'd be inundated with replies
    Maybe you could look through the threads about toiletries and try and get some brand names. There are a few Americans around the forum but it seems to be mainly Europeans at the moment.
    Houmous atá ann!