Thread: Hemp Milk

Default Hemp Milk

Hi, I have been reading a few bad things about Soy milk and Soy products, I don't drink a lot of Soy myself although i do give it to my Son, I really want to try HEMP MILK, but cant seem to find it anywhere, Can you buy it in Australia? I have read a few bits on Google search saying people have brought it but i cant seem to find it? Does anyone know if you can buy it? And where? Many thanks
    Potato LoVe

Default Re: Hemp Milk

Don't know about buying it in Oz H4P but I found a link for Hemp Milk in the UK.

Mebbe contact these bods and see if they have already have an Ozzie distributor for it?

http://www.goodwebsite.co.uk/Good-Hemp-Milk.php

All I found for Ozland itself was this http://www.hempaustralia.com.au/?page_id=60

Looks like a hot lead for you! I would imagine that if anyone actualy makes or sells hemp based stuff in the Antipodes that as these guys know the why's they would mst likely also know the who and where.

Best of luck cobber, strap that kangaroo down jack, set me Koala loose Bruce, etc ... etc .. etc ...

All done in the best possible taste ...

If you can't find Hemp Milk, is nut or rice milks an option? I have no problem with soy milk but do like to mix things up a bit. I'm particularly partial to some Almond milk...

I try to stay away from my children having too much soy also. I give them vanilla almond milk for drinking and their cereal, and I buy the plain unsweetened almond milk for cooking with. It works wonderfully, and I have some picky children!!!! I personally haven't yet tried hemp milk, let me know how it tastes (:
    Tanya

I had the hemp milk in coffee in a cafe, they didn't have any soya so we said we'd have hemp milk. It tasted awful I couldn't drink it and neither could my friend.

All the other nut and alternative milks I've tried have been nice though.

I tried hemp milk once when the health food shop I worked in at was offering samples of it for free. I remember it tasting a bit grassy and not being very popular. :/
    Houmous atá ann!

I've tried 2 types of Hemp Milk (Manitoba Harvest & Good Hemp). They both tasted like old mouldy socks. I would never waste my money on them again

I have tried Living Harvest Tempt hemp milk and I actually like it, although it isnt my favorite type of plant milk and I only drink it on rare occasion for something different. Its good for drinking but the off taste might affect baking/cooking. I tried oat milk and it was so so but very different. I have tried various brands of rice milk and they seem to vary wildly from one to the next. Some are really good, others watery and grainy. For the most part I drink unsweetened plain almond milk and it works very well for me for drinking, cooking, and baking. I have also made my own almond milk which is awesome but a lot of work to make and $$$, and I have made my own coconut milk too. Someday I would like to try making my own rice milk. I guess you can make your own hemp milk too but I imagine that would also be $$$ having to buy enough hemp seeds to make a decent amount of milk. I don't know if Living Harvest ships overseas.