Thread: Alternative Living Arrangements

Rocket Queen

Default Alternative Living Arrangements

I'm wanting to move, relocate-to somewhere in the Leeds district.

I've lived for ages taking care of my parent's properties (they're developers) and then I moved in with my boyfriend.

I want to move back to where I'm from, my parents and family are there and I want to be closer to them.

I'm extremely upset that my boyfriend cannot move with me, but he can't. He can't sell this house, and I can't live here with him-the house is in such a state that it's making me miserable, at first I did my best to sort it out and I still am trying to, but I've lost energy for it-I'm not doing as much as I used to (I've been here two months only) and the situation, knowing we have to part ways, along with the state of this house , is causing me to slip into a depression.

Anyways, that isn't the point of this thread, just a bit of background!

I don't want to pay half my wages to rent a house for myself.

I have few belongings, and I still intend to visit my boyfriend and my friends, also I work night shifts three nights and travel for those-I just want somewhere to hang my hat and somewhere I can wash and sleep!

I've been looking at communal housings, renting rooms in shared houses (some seem very cheap!)
    And I've thought about renting a room for maybe three months and whilst there, looking at other arrangements.

I've considered asking if any elderly people need help, would let me live there for a small amount in return for help cooking and cleaning, my friend does that but he got lucky through word of mouth-and now he helps an old lady wash and dress and takes her out twice a week, and doesn't pay anything apart from helping with electricity!

Anyway, I just wanted to know if anybody knows anything about alternative living and/or could give me any ideas.

I thought it would make an interesting thread, too-unless there already is one

Thank you
    The greatest mistake is to do nothing because you can only do a little.

Default Re: Alternative Living Arrangements

Living with someone elderly could be good if you can hack it, I have read articles where it seemed to work out well. There are one or two agencies I think like http://www.shareandcare.co.uk/sharers.htm but I don't know which are reputable. Maybe AgeUK or whatever they're called would know which were good.

Default Re: Alternative Living Arrangements

A friend of mine used to find places through this company. They want people to live in properties to stop them being broken into etc. http://uk.cameloteurope.com/508/0/av...roperties.html