Thread: advice on this brand of vegan multivitamins? 'Quest Super Once A Day Vegan'

Default advice on this brand of vegan multivitamins? 'Quest Super Once A Day Vegan'

Its called Quest Super Once A Day Vegan Multivitamins

this brand has other multivitamins but they also do them specifically for vegans.

ive been a vegan now for a long time but iv never taken vitamin supplements before and i have spent most of the night looking up vitamins online and i am very confused about which ones to buy. I am concerned for the Vitamin A levels in most of the ones I have seen. The vitamin A levels are either very high or they are sourced from animals instead of plants. Ive also been hearing bad things about high levels of B12 and Calcium

if you go to this link below, and press ''click here'' next to where it says "For details of additional ingredients and nutritional information, please click here" it will show you the vitamin levels

http://www.questexcellence.com/detai...productfeature

Does anyone take this brand and whats your opinions on its vitamin levels/contents?

Default Re: advice on this brand of vegan multivitamins? 'Quest Super Once A Day Vegan'

Does anyone take this brand and whats your opinions on its vitamin levels/contents?
    Hi!

I wouldn't buy anything form a company which puts mo than 50 times the legal (without prescription) amount of B12 in a multivitamin, and additionally posts stuff like "It does not contain vitamin D, beta-carotene or mixed carotenoids - as these preparations contain ingredients unacceptable to vegans."
    I will not eat anything that walks, swims, flies, runs, skips, hops or crawls.

Default Re: advice on this brand of vegan multivitamins? 'Quest Super Once A Day Vegan'

Quote Korn View Post
    Hi!

I wouldn't buy anything form a company which puts mo than 50 times the legal (without prescription) amount of B12 in a multivitamin, and additionally posts stuff like "It does not contain vitamin D, beta-carotene or mixed carotenoids - as these preparations contain ingredients unacceptable to vegans."
    do you take any multivitamins? if so, which ones?

Have you looked at the Vegan Society's Veg1? I don't know if it's the sort of thing you're looking for but it isn't open to some of the objections mentioned above (e.g. it doesn't contain any vitamin A as far as I know, it does contain vitamin D and it just has the RDA of the things it does contain, not megadoses, I believe). http://shop.vegansociety.com/product...roducts_id=239

There are a few threads around on supplements if you're looking for more info. I take the Holland & Barrett own-brand vegan multi which has everything in it and doesn't go too far over the RDA. I've also taken the Seven Seas vegan multi (very similar to the H&B one), Solgar and Viridian brand multis which I've all liked but the H&B one is the cheapest.
    Houmous atá ann!

Quote PurpleNebula View Post
    do you take any multivitamins?
    No. AFAIR, last time I took a multivitamin was when I was still a meat eater. I do take a small amount of supplements: vitamin D in the winter months, because I live in the Northern part of Europe, and some vegan Omega-3 (EPA/DHA) - simply because I don't know if I'll get what I need from food (I tend to not eat a lot of the vegan foodstuff which described as good Omega-3 sources anyway). I also take B12 in periods, for reasons explained in circa 100 other threads.

I would also have taken supplements if I would have been a meat eater. Check this thread: http://www.veganforum.com/forums/sho...than-in-vegans
    I will not eat anything that walks, swims, flies, runs, skips, hops or crawls.