Thread: celebrity get me out of here / animal cruelty !

Default celebrity get me out of here / animal cruelty !

I am only to think here that this show is despicable the way they use animal as a "freak" circus as entertainment.

I don't watch it , but I was incense to read in a newspaper celebrity eating kangaroos anus and various animal body part , eating live insect and so forth as a "fun" challenge in front of a camera.

I am furious that this kind of show continue to exist with a total disregard for animal welfare . this show should be ban. sorry i just needed to rant about it !

Quote syrius View Post
    I am furious that this kind of show continue to exist with a total disregard for animal welfare . this show should be ban. sorry i just needed to rant about it !
    That's okay, we all need to vent sometimes. I don't watch IAC,GMOOH either but I think if they were eating dogs or cats there would be uproar. People don't really care about other animals
    Houmous atá ann!

Default Re: celebrity get me out of here / animal cruelty !

Yes, most humans see animals as inferior beings and as such don't feel the horror that we do at such programmes. It doesn't surprise me what goes on in that programme as I already have a very low opinion of non vegans attitudes to animals/insects anyway. I feel the same horror watching a non vegan cookery programme.
    I like Sandra, she keeps making me giggle. Daft little lady - Frosty

Quote Blueberries View Post
    I think if they were eating dogs or cats there would be uproar. People don't really care about other animals
    Strangely, BB, I don't think its exactly that people don't care about other animals.

Proggies like this seem to be deliberately exploiting the compassionate-schyzophrenia (the pet animal/other animal, divide) of omnis to cause a 'squirm' factor when they do that kinda stuff.

Eat a pet animal causes outrage.

Eat a 'food' animal makes it just another cookery show.

Eat an an animal that is neither pet nor food, particularly if you can add a 'revolting' factor to the mix, makes the omnis squirm with discomfort that there is something wrong without them being able to pin point exactly what, how or why.
    All done in the best possible taste ...

I did watch the 1st series (years ago), but soon realised how disgustingly cruel it is. I can't understand why other people can't see the cruelty.
    Emma

Yes, unfortunately most non vegans don't see it as 'cruel' anymore than they would perceive a live lobster being thrown into a pot of boiling water on a cookery programme as cruel. Non vegans are very mixed up in their thinking with regard to animals, infact they scare me. I don't understand how they can take their children to a 'petting' zoo and let them stroke the little lambs etc and then take them home and feed them lamb chops.

I sometimes feel as if I am living amongst zombie type creatures who feed off other living beings almost automatically, not giving them a second thought. Infact, when I watch the series The Walking Dead...........the zombies remind me of real life humans and the way they treat animals.

Quote sandra View Post
    Yes, unfortunately most non vegans don't see it as 'cruel' anymore than they would perceive a live lobster being thrown into a pot of boiling water on a cookery programme as cruel. Non vegans are very mixed up in their thinking with regard to animals, infact they scare me. I don't understand how they can take their children to a 'petting' zoo and let them stroke the little lambs etc and then take them home and feed them lamb chops.

I sometimes feel as if I am living amongst zombie type creatures who feed off other living beings almost automatically, not giving them a second thought. Infact, when I watch the series The Walking Dead...........the zombies remind me of real life humans and the way they treat animals.
    I could not agree more with you .... everytime I see a live lobster/crab/etc ..... boiled to death , it makes me mad ! i wouldn't any human being boiled alive (they would not like to see they family being hurt), so why an animal is perfectly ok !

I grew up with farmers and I was horrified when i heard a pig screaming to his death , this is when I decided meat = murder !

That must have been horrifying for you to have to hear and see that while growing up Syrius.
    I think what we have that non vegans don't have is 'empathy'.............we put ourselves in the animal/insects position.

yes i couldn't see it but I could hear it, and it was awful. I heard later that the farmer miss it the "jugular" so to speak and they have to redo it the following day ! I felt so sorry for this poor creature.

the problem with people and empathy is that they have to open their mind and eyes to the consequence of their action whether good or bad, for the majority it is a case of ignorance is bliss .
    Last edited by syrius; Nov 16th, 2012 at 11:57 AM.

Quote sandra View Post
    Yes, yes, YES!

I play the 'Black Ops:Zombies' computer game, killing Zombies with a variety of weapons, for up to 10-15 hours a week.

Apart from the fact that I am not allowed to shoot every brain dead b'stard I see it is not much different from all the other hours of my week at all.
    All done in the best possible taste ...

Quote Cupid Stunt View Post
    Yes, yes, YES!

I play the 'Black Ops:Zombies' computer game, killing Zombies with a variety of weapons, for up to 10-15 hours a week.
    Soo..am I to assume that the other 20 hours a week you are NOT playing you are using the game screen as an aid to contemplating the universe?

Btw..its only nine and I am missing you already

Quote Cupid Stunt View Post
    Yes, yes, YES!

Apart from the fact that I am not allowed to shoot every brain dead b'stard I see it is not much different from all the other hours of my week at all.

You and my husband would go well together CS, he can spend all day playing his X Box!

Quote Eileen Dover View Post
    Soo..am I to assume that the other 20 hours a week you are NOT playing you are using the game screen as an aid to contemplating the universe?

Btw..its only nine and I am missing you already
    lol that is so funny!
    Tanya