Thread: a positive family experience

Default a positive family experience

Hi, we hear a lot about people being negative or cynical towards us because of our veganism so i want to share an experience i had yesterday at a family event. i arrived expecting that there may be some plain crisps i could nibble on but when i got there, my cousins had made vegan cakes, my uncle had made vegan scones, there were vegan sandwiches and i had soya 'butter', soya milk and soya cream supplied as well. nobody quizzed me about anything to do with my veganism- and what was really lovely to see was all my relatives happily tucking into their vegan food without question or comment apart from that it was really nice. most of the food there was vegan yet i was the only vegan- not even another vegetarian there. i felt very proud of them for embracing it the way they did and my cousin was choosing to have soya milk in her tea, despite being an omni.

i know this is probably not a very interesting thing to report !- but i wanted to share how happy i felt with them all, and it showed how just having one vegan in a family can lead to vegan food centred afternoon for a famly of about 15 people. - as well as slowly 'planting a seed' in the heads of my young cousins.

Default Re: wanted to share a positive family experience

If you have an ounce of mercy in your body Chickpea ...

Get your family to adopt me - PLEASE!!!!!

All done in the best possible taste ...

Default Re: a positive family experience

That is soo nice!!!!!
    Tanya

That is really awesome! I live a long way from my family now, but when I visit sometime next year I can only hope they are half as accommodating as your family !

That's great chickpea, it's nice when people exceed your expectations!
    Houmous atá ann!

On the contrary, that is oh so highly amazing to hear! Gosh, what a lovely day that must have been for you. Kind of shines a bright light on the future.
    "There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle." -Robert Alden

That is so wonderful!! What a thoughtful family you have.

I just had a wonderful family experience as well. I hosted an entirely vegan tgiving for my mom and dad along with my husband and son. They are all omnis but all i got were rave reviews and no complaints. This just days after my dad saying a vegan diet is "limiting." Woot!

That's so nice bobby, I love when omnis enjoy vegan food.
    "There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle." -Robert Alden

This is all very good news Must say I don't usually encounter much negativity - incomprehension, yes! Couple of weeks ago we went to a friend's surprise 60th birthday party organised by his 20-something daughter and she had very kindly remembered to include vegan food for us on the buffet. Of course, other people enjoyed the vegan food as well (especially the falafels she'd made) so it was a result all round. Maybe they will make all vegan food for his 70th...

that's lovely to hear. great to hear such a positive story. thanks for sharing

Quote ShadowTears View Post
    On the contrary, that is oh so highly amazing to hear! Gosh, what a lovely day that must have been for you. Kind of shines a bright light on the future.
    I would second that - its not in the least uninteresting! It's beautiful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote bobby View Post
    That is so wonderful!! What a thoughtful family you have.

I just had a wonderful family experience as well. I hosted an entirely vegan tgiving for my mom and dad along with my husband and son. They are all omnis but all i got were rave reviews and no complaints. This just days after my dad saying a vegan diet is "limiting." Woot!
    Another lovely result.

Sounds like they are going to a good path. Maybe some become vegan one day.