Thread: cat food?

100% sure – I'm going vegan!

Question cat food?

hey all,

i want to get a cat at some point, as i wouldn't feel bad about keeping it as it'd be free to go outside and not be kept captive etc, but i would feel bad about buying its cat food as that'd got meat in it - i googled vegan cat food and apparently it exists, but i've never heard of it before so i'm just wondering if anyone's tried it, knows if it works - like is the cat willing to eat it and is it healthy for the cat? and is it loads more expensive, do you need to give the cat supplements?

cheers

Default Re: cat food?

Hi, there are a few threads about this already in the "companion animals" group within the forum - if you go to your profile you may be able to join that (unless it's restricted to members who are already vegan, I'm confused).

Anyway some people say their cats do well on vegan cat food (which I think I'm right in saying always has the necessary nutrients added to it) but one of mine kept throwing up after eating the only one that they seemed to like. Not sure how it compares price-wise but I suspect it's more expensive than supermarket food.

I sometimes think if I were making the choice again I might get a rescue rabbit or other herbivore to sidestep the issue. Though I do seem to be sort of addicted to cats, sigh.