Thread: Yorkshire Pudding recipe that works?

Default Yorkshire Pudding recipe that works?

Help please, am missing my Yorkshire puds since I became vegan earlier this year. I have found numerous recipes for vegan ones but so far have had no luck getting them to rise and be soft and tasty. (Found recipes using egg replacer, flax egg and the Vegg)
    Can anyone help please?
    Thanx,
    Thea

Default Re: Yorkshire Pudding recipe that works?

I've never seen a working recipe. I've read about people making them 'just how they used to have them' but when examining the pictures of their creations it's obvious that what they used to eat was hockey pucks.

I'm sure it can be done but it'll need some clever food science and a lot of trial and error.
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Quote Risker View Post
    I've never seen a working recipe. I've read about people making them 'just how they used to have them' but when examining the pictures of their creations it's obvious that what they used to eat was hockey pucks.
    Lol!

I'm sure it can be done but it'll need some clever food science and a lot of trial and error.
    It's one of the vegan 'holy grails' ..
    All done in the best possible taste ...

I reckon this is worth a try, as the picture looks good and I spy some ingredients in there that surely would make them light and airy!

D'oh! Peabrain you did it again! Might be helpful if I actually added the link... http://www.maplespice.com/2009/09/ve...e-pudding.html *facepalm*

Quote Peabrain View Post
    D'oh! Peabrain you did it again! Might be helpful if I actually added the link... http://www.maplespice.com/2009/09/ve...e-pudding.html *facepalm*
    Thanx Peabrain! I'm going to try these, I'll let you know how they turn out.

Quote sixesmum View Post
    Thanx Peabrain! I'm going to try these, I'll let you know how they turn out.
    - - - Updated - - -

Thanx Peabrain, I did try these today. They didn't look quite like these and they were a bit gummy. Sorry, another failure for me, they didn't taste anything like Yorkshire's to me.

Hiya, just read this thread and although I am not planning to do a roast dinner today I couldn't resist giving it a go myself at vegan Yorkshire Puds...Not sure what to do with them now..haha...But here is what I did - All I had in the house on the 1st of Jan was Baking Powder and Vinegar and Flour..So I thought I would give it a go. I also added some Cornflour and proper Corn Meal.. But I think that's optional. I also didn't follow a recipe, I just whipped it up...But the result was pretty decent tastewise. So I would suggest you just follow a normal recipe and swap the milk for soy milk and for the eggs you can use 1 tsp of baking powder and one teaspoon of white vinegar for each egg. That's what I did. They don't look like normal Yorkshire ones but I almost preferred these ones. They are a tiny bit denser but because I poured the mix into hot oil they turned out really lovely and crispy I also used a fairly shallow tin which might be the reason why they look more like cupcakes..lol..and most important: It passed the taste test of my non-vegan husband I will attach a picture in a minute..

- - - Updated - - -

Here you go!

Oooh they look sort of like little muffins (but with yorkshire pud flavour!)... Sounds scrummy... You clever so and so!

100% sure – I'm going vegan! nathanjh13's Avatar

I've tried this recipe and it's slightly off target really (ended up as a dessert with agave nectar and banana).

http://www.alternativestores.com/eth...s/blog_12.html

They rose beautifully but inside it wasn't fully cooked/fluffy, a bit more like a crepe but exterior crispy and gorgeous. It was in a fan oven too and nearer 30 minutes than 20. I also hear fan ovens are to be avoided when it comes to yorkshire puddings.

To get a more aerated interior I think I'll have to up the baking powder and lemon juice for the aerating reaction? But in the meantime this seems to be the most promising recipe I've seen (looking at the comments) and I'll try it tomorrow.

http://veganrecipeclub.org.uk/vegeta...shire-puddings

Anyone made them?
    Best.