Thread: Can you help an exciting new vegan buisness in Southampton?

Default Can you help an exciting new vegan buisness in Southampton?

Hello, thought I'd share some exciting news if you're based in the South: Rice Up Wholefoods Ltd are a vegan workers co-operative who are opening a totally vegan shop in city centre of Southampton! We'll be selling freshly produced salads, cakes, sandwiches, pastries; organic fruit and veg and locally produced bread, loose wholefoods sold be wieght, non animal tested toiletries and cosmetics, pet foods and lots lots more!

We've done really well so far in securing enough funds to open in the early part of next year but are in need of a bit more investment to enable us to really push the boat and and achieve our vision of an ethical superstore. If you think you can help, please visit www. riceup .co.uk to see our prospectus and find out how you can invest.

We're also looking for more members who can help get things ready and then work in the shop once open- please have a look at the website for more info on this too!

Default Re: Can you help an exciting new vegan buisness in Southampton?

Hi, I might be able to help in a couple of ways.

I regularly get end of lease coffee machines and would be happy to talk about letting you have on those on a permanent free loan basis (would prefer to keep the asset on my book) to save you one small (about £1k) capital expense. Could also let you have fair trade coffees and teas at the same trade prices I buy them for. I own a small vending machine business, btw.

Next, if you still need cheap pre-used catering equipment, I can let my suppliers know the specs and see if they have anything usefull to you on their books.

Trade contact for you: Speak to 'Jack' at http://www.veggie-world.com. He imports a quite mind-boggling range of faux meats from the East and I know he will do prices for trade accounts. (If you want to use me an introduction he knows me as 'Trevor the coffee machine man', btw). The stuff he supplies is of awesome quality (took an omni there for fish and chips recently, he said it was the nicest 'fish' he had ever tasted - lol!) and would give you a unique additional product range. Jack (one of the best chinese style chefs I have ever come across) has also told me that he is happy to provide cooking lessons/tips to anyone who asks.

Will have look at your prospectus later and consider if I can afford to tie up a little money in your business too!
    All done in the best possible taste ...