Thread: Portabella Mushroom Burger

Default Portabella Mushroom Burger

Just had an awesome portabella mushroom burger for lunch and it was really tasty! Here's the recipe for you to enjoy.

- 1 Portabella Mushroom
    - 1 slice of red onion
    - 1 ring of pineapple
    - 1 slice of tomato
    - Romaine lettuce
    - Bun of choice
    - Teriyaki sauce
    - Salt
    - Pepper
    - Oil (I use olive oil, but sesame seed oil is awesome too if you have it or can afford it)

Take the portabella mushroom with the rest of the veggies/fruit and make sure it's all washed. Take the stem off the portabella and set it aside or scarf that tasty mushroom stem right there with a touch of teriyaki sauce sense you have it sitting out. After enjoying the stem, take the mushroom and flip it bottom up, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste (I like to over do this step lol). Rub some of it into the spores of the mushroom so it's not lost in the frying process.
    Coat your skillet with the oil and set on a medium/high heat. When the oil is ready, place in your portabella mushroom and fry it until it is soft to your liking, don't expect it to actually brown.
    While the portabella mushroom patty is cooking, take your bun out and toast it to a golden brown.
    Once your bun and patty are ready to go, you're almost finished. Place your red onion slice on the bottom portion of the bun, then place your portabella mushroom patty on top the onion. Next, place your pineapple slice, tomato, and lettuce on top of your mushroom. Once all that is done, I know it was hard not to eat it prematurely, take your teriyaki sauce and drizzle it over the burger and it's toppings. Place the top bun on it's rightful position and you're done. Now, go to town and devour that tasty creation!

Click here for more tasty recipes!

Default Re: Portabella Mushroom Burger

Sounds nice, when you say a slice of red onion do you mean just one ring or the whole slice? A whole slice sounds like it could be quite potent.
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Quote Risker View Post
    Sounds nice, when you say a slice of red onion do you mean just one ring or the whole slice? A whole slice sounds like it could be quite potent.
    I do mean a whole slice, but then again I LOVE onion. The heat from the onion helps compliment the teriyaki sauce and pineapple, but I can see where some people might just want a ring or two.

They do a rather nice portabello burger in a burger joint near where I live. Very tasty

They didn't seem too happy, for a place clearly proud of it's cow-death toll, when I asked if there was discount if I had them cook an entire herd for me though.
    All done in the best possible taste ...

Sounds nice, but I think it'd just do me for a snack - I'd definitely still be hungry if I had that for a main meal!