Thread: Hi I'm new and going vegan for the second time!

Default Hi I'm new and going vegan for the second time!

Hi everyone I'm Lauren and I'm new to this forum.

I was vegan for a year and was the healthiest and happiest I have ever been. Then I went to university for a year and started to eat cheese again

Now I'm getting back on track and am going to be vegan from now on - starting right now (although it is midnight so actually starting at breakfast tomorrow!). I have type 1 Diabetes so it's especially important for me to eat healthily, so going vegan again will help me health-wise as well as helping the animals and our world.

I already use all cruelty-free products and eat mostly vegan food so I'm hoping the transition will be easy. Please wish me well!

Default Re: Hi I'm new and going vegan for the second time!

Hi Lauren, best of luck from me, am sure all will go well as you sound as if you've made up your mind Hope you enjoyed breakfast?

So far today I have had one pear for breakfast and two crumpets with wholemeal peanut butter and jam for lunch. I'm snacking on diced mango now and for dinner I will be making a stir fry with rice noodles going well so far!

I hope you're also getting a good exercise! Anyways good luck and I hope you get healthier.

Quote Lauren87 View Post
    Please wish me well!
    Well wishes for you Lauren!

I have type 1 Diabetes so it's especially important for me to eat healthily ..
    I read somewhere that either fennel or fenugreek have properties that stimulate the pancreas. Might be worth your while looking into that?
    All done in the best possible taste ...

Awesome news, keep it up, you can do it this time, I'm sure!!

Thanks for your support guys, it's going really well so far! I already feel a lot more energetic and happy

Hi - I am new also. I have been vegan for about 6 months. It has been a journey for me, and I have become more strong in my feelings as time passes. Anaj

HI I am also new but may struggle a bit more coming from omni then veggie 10 yrs vegan 6 months omni 10 years
    new decision

sorry for the long post but i don't know how to post a new thread yet

I have been transitioning badly I have had about 40 different products in the last 5 days. 8 weren't vegan, partly because of the one last drink philosophy for my 40th birthday. How much more awesome would it have been had that been my first strict day but I guess it's too late because the day was planned pre decision and at the last minute i had a veggie nearly good enough to be vegan camping holiday, not perfect. Not too far off.... I just keep slipping up with buying the wrong thing...
    and it's even then not the kind of thing I can easily give someone else. The point has been reached where no other thing will pass my lips, so instead of since my turning 40 was a decision milestone that will have to be good enough.

true first vegan date 7th october or 40 and 4 days

I am new here also. I have been trying to transition but kept giving in to a sudden craving for cheese or butter. I know it is hard when you have been raised eating meat and cheese. If is a challenge to find foods on the go. I am so busy right now. I think once I seek out where the foods are and the stores that have great vegan foods it will be easier for me. I surely am doing this for the animals and health. Coming here is going to help us a great deal. I know I need some recipes and input on products. Tips on how to keep up and not turn back. I am not sure if I want to get products that are vegan versions of Omni fav foods that I was eating or just create vegan foods. I would like to start shopping at my fav produce market and make home made recipes from whole foods. I was a big eggs and bacon person before I became mindful of the suffering of animals. I crave a savory breakfast and that is something I have to think about and find recipes.

Glad you made a decision to stay vegan as I have and I am sure we will be happier for it.