Thread: Vegan sweets and marshmallows from Need Sweets

Default Vegan sweets and marshmallows from Need Sweets

Hi,

My name is Nick and my wife and I have recently started a small business selling vegetarian and vegan sweets and marshmallows. We have spent many years struggling to satisfy our family's sweet tooths(or should that be sweet teeth?) and we thought other people must feel the same too. So we decided to do something about it.
    We have had a great response from the vegan community so far but it is always a struggle for a new business (particularly a veggie one) to survive so we really need all the support we can get. Thanks for reading and

please check out our website:
    http://needsweets.co.uk

and if you like us on Facebook you could be in with a chance to win a free bag of vegan sweeties!

Mods: I am not trying to spam the forum I genuinely believe the forum users would be interested in what we are offering and the faq said relevant links are ok.

Default Re: Vegan Sweets and Marshmallows from Need Sweets

Good luck with the new business. We need all the vegan marshmallows we can get. A shame the haribo sweets are not completely vegan, I had thought the cola bottles were Do you have any input into the company to tell them of the sales they are missing out on?

Thanks Gattona,

We do love marshmallows, our aim is to have the biggest selection of vegan marshmallows available anywhere. We are really proud to be the only UK retailer of Sweet & Sara marshmallows too!

Its funny you should mention the Haribo as we thought the cola bottles were vegan and there were rumours they were going to make their veggie range vegan but i'm afraid this is not true. The statement they gave us was:
    "Further to your enquiry I can confirm that most of our UK products contain gelatine and are therefore not suitable for vegans / vegetarians. We do make some products without gelatine and I have attached a list of these products but these do contain small quantities of beeswax."

Unfortunately they are a massive international company who are not easily influenced but we will keep trying to influence as many producers as possible to go vegan as that is a big part of what we want to achieve.

I know, I looked at your website and am expecting an order including the cinnamon and pecan ones to arrive as soon as you can YUM

Thanks for your order, the cinnamon and pecan ones are my wife's favourite too.
    Let me know what you think of them

Nick,
    I do not really understand the labeling at your shop. I see some "V" or similar logos, but it is not clear to me which denote vegan products.
    After all, many of the sweets seem to have beeswax (which is not vegan), others seem to be fine.

Best regards,
    Andy

There's a key at the bottom of the left hand column. V+V = vegan + vegetarian.
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Thats right, thank you Risker.
    Maybe we should think about clearer labelling.
    If you click on products you can then click on vegan to view all our vegan products in one list.

Constructive feedback for you Nick ..

When I refill my sweetie jar I always from places I can get everything from in one hit.

Apart from Marsh Mallows, Chocolate, Coconut Ice, Fudge And Turkish delight are my personal 'must haves', btw.
    All done in the best possible taste ...

Default Re: Vegan sweets and marshmallows from Need Sweets

Thanks for the feedback.
    I agree, we definitely want to expand the things we stock and we do add new things every month. We will be selling Ananada's vegan marshmallows very soon and we are going to start taste testing fudge and hopefully vegan wagon wheels next. yum!
    We are still in the early days but hopefully we can grow as much as possible this year. I will look in to the things you have suggested, I love turkish delight too.
    Thanks

Ditto to what Mr Stunt said, some fudge would be rather nice. My order arrived very promptly, thank you. My only regret is that I put the box down somewhere safe so I would know where to retrieve it from and I can't remember where that special place is.

Glad your marshmallows made it through the snow!
    We like to give people what they want so we are sourcing vegan fudge and turkish delight right now.
    Are there any particular brands that people are fond of?
    We are trying to decide between high-end, handmade but expensive fudge (£4.50 for a bar) or a cheaper fudge but you get a lot more for your money (£1.50 for a bag full).

Samples of vegan fudge from 3 different manufacturers are on there way to us now for us to taste. Such a hard job but someone has to do it
    So hopefully we will have fudge available by February. Yay!

Again, purely my personal thing, Nick ..

I'm not a big sweetie eater. I prefer small quantities of the highest quality stuff I can possibly find when I buy.

Nibs, truffles and pralines too, btw. I forgot to mention them before.
    All done in the best possible taste ...

Personally, buying for a family and not myself you understand I'm after cheap and cheerful so long as the quality is OK. Looks like both ends of the spectrum are needing your services.

Thanks again for the feedback.
    Ask and you shall receive
    Vegan fudge and coconut ice and chocolate covered raisins from the Fabulous Fudge Factory is on its way to us!
    Vegan turkish delight should be available next month also.

Dairy-free fudge and coconut ice and chocovered raisins are all available on our website now.
    yay!