Thread: Where to buy soya chunks?

Default Where to buy soya chunks?

Annoyingly, two of the Morrisons I like, and my Sainsburys pulled the TRS soya chunks off the shelves that I love so much. Now, I've been about 2-3 months without any TVP and I have a very bad craving for some, any brand I I can find would be great, I don't really mind. As long as it's not an online store. What stores do you buy yours from? Please, help!

And yes there is a local south Asian store near my house, but they don't sell any either, unfortunately.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, doesn't have to be "soy chunks", any TVP [mince, flakes etc] would be nice.

Default Re: Where to buy soya chunks?

I know you said not an online store but what about an online order from a supermarket?
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Holland & Barrett? Is there one near you?

Quote Risker View Post
    I know you said not an online store but what about an online order from a supermarket?
    I'm a vegan on a budget, and all the online stores I go to have large delivery costs, and it's hard to buy in bulk most of the time

Quote Blueberries View Post
    Holland & Barrett? Is there one near you?
    There is, but the food is expensive compared to supermarkets [for example, Linda Mccartney sausages are £2] I love their supplements though, especcially when a penny sale's on.

Anyway, I'll keep looking around, I'm determined to find somebody who sells the.

ETA sorry, see you have ruled out "ethnic" shops so my suggestion was no use. In that case how about pestering your local supermarkets to get them again?

Holland and Barratts are £1.89 for 375g, i doubt you are going to find them much cheaper in a real shop, but i can look in the chinese grocery shops in china town in manchester for you if you like
    "when the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace" Jimi Hendrix

Ah! Very nice. Bolton's Holland and Barrett is terrible, I really wish I lived in Manchester, it looks like vegan bliss. And don't worry about checking it, though I appreciate the thought.

- - - Updated - - -

Harpy no, I haven't ruled out ethnic stores, they can just be tricky to find. I really want to just have a nice walk around and look, but with the icy pavements and cold weather I've been discouraged. Here's to hoping it goes away, I am quite frankly sick of it! =p

You can get them from Ebay - 500 grams for £5.19 (including delivery): http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_tr...at=0&_from=R40