Thread: Trying make up my own meal plan for weight loss

Default Trying make up my own meal plan for weight loss

Hello everyone,

I'm Annie, french newbie, vegan for about 2 years and yet struggling with my weight.
    I started capoeira in september, I train minimum 3x2hours a week (plus one or 2 zumba classes) and the result is that I'm super super hungry most of the time !! I eat healthy, home cooked vegan food only but yet, I ain't only building muscle. I do get fatter. Which is pretty annoying...

I looked on the net to find a meal plan but nothing really sounds good, knowing that there are stuff (namely Kale !) I can't find here ! (Anyway if you do know a vegan weight loss meal plan that's good, please share !!)

...So I decided I should come up with a meal plan suited to my activity schedule, and what best than posting it on a forum for accountability...

Here's what I think I could do this week as a starter, any insights welcome

breakfast lunch diner
    Wednesday
    (no capoeira day)
    Green juice Green juice big salad with tofu
    Thursday
    (no capoeira day)
    Green juice big salad pumpkin soup
    Friday
    (capoeira day !)
    Protein pancake whole wheat pasta veggie burgers
    Saturday
    (no capoeira day)
    Green juice big salad veggie gratin
    Sunday
    (capoeira day !)
    Protein pancake whole wheat pasta soup

I'm quite tempted to give alternate day fasting a try, I tried it a year ago with great success, but I feel so hungry most of the time now, it might just not work... I'm also interested in raw foodism but I like to cook too much to only live on bananas

Anyway, the plan is now official, so I HAVE to stick to it wish me luck !!!

ps : I forgot ... I am 63,2kg/140lbs for 1,62m/5.3 ... not that chubby for some people but to my defense, i'm getting married in july and I want to look stunning

Default Re: Trying make up my own meal plan for weight loss

Hi Annie

Here is a French vegan site that might help with meal ideas
    http://www.veganwiz.fr/

I think you need to eat more breakfast than just juice, and start snacking on low fat food.
    Drink miso soup, green tea. Apple cider vinegar is supposed to help with weight loss.
    More protenin and grains.

Thank you Misosoup for answering !
    I do know Veganwiz but thanks for the tip. I myself run a vegan cooking blog too !!

Anyway, after doing lot of research and talking with friends today, I came to the conclusion that the plan I first mentionned might not work. I found an old "Methode Montignac" book, a WOE I followed couple years ago based on low GI and found out it was quite vegan friendly. As it allows you to eat (whole wheat) pasta, (brown) rice, quinoa and so forth, I think it might be better for the crazy capoeirista I am... I should fight the hunger better if I follow a low fat high carb diet !
    anyway, I will experiment a bit with this and report later on
    thank for reading

Hey Frenchie!

If I may just point out, don't go too low on fats! Healthy, natural fats are always needed and, some vitamins are only fat soluble, such as vitamins A, D, E and K. Don't be scared of fats, in moderation they're perfectly fine and they're actually an essential nutrient as I'm sure you're aware. But complex carbs are awesome for an active livestyle, do you do any other exercise except the capoeira? HITT(High intensity, low duration) or LISS(Low intensity, high duration) cardio? Jogging, sprinting, swimming?

I think if that's all I planned to eat, I'd be starving by the end of the day and binge on anything I could get my hands on.

Hi Annie, welcome to the forum!

Quote frenchieveggie View Post
    Wednesday
    (no capoeira day)
    Green juice
    Green juice
    big salad with tofu

Sunday
    (capoeira day !)
    Protein pancake
    whole wheat pasta
    soup

ps : I forgot ... I am 63,2kg/140lbs for 1,62m/5.3 ... not that chubby for some people but to my defense, i'm getting married in july and I want to look stunning
    I have a couple of things to say about this. Firstly, those meal plans are tiny and in my opinion lack variety. Green juice and plain pasta aren't enough to sustain an active woman such as you! Secondly, I am about your weight and height and I am not overweight, so unless you carry your weight differently you are fine the way you are. You don't need to lose weight for everyone to think that you look fabulous on your wedding day!
    Houmous atá ann!