Thread: Grain free vegans?

100% sure – I'm going vegan!

Default Grain free vegans?

Hi,

I'm new here. I am getting back on the vegan bandwagon, and I was wondering if anyone here was not only vegan, but mainly grain-free? When I ate my healthiest, and felt my best last year I stayed away from all grains, eating basically fruit, vegetables, nuts, beans and tofu.

Just figured I'd see if anyone else out there found this to be a good eating style for them as well.

Thanks!

Quote lisa__lynn View Post
    Hi,

I'm new here. I am getting back on the vegan bandwagon, and I was wondering if anyone here was not only vegan, but mainly grain-free? When I ate my healthiest, and felt my best last year I stayed away from all grains, eating basically fruit, vegetables, nuts, beans and tofu.

Just figured I'd see if anyone else out there found this to be a good eating style for them as well.

Thanks!
    Hi lisa_lynn, welcome to the forum You might find the raw vegan section of the forum useful.
    Houmous atá ann!

rakin' muck

Default Re: Grain free vegans?

I'm not grain-free but I try to limit my grain consumption rather than center my diet around them... I don't eat soy (it's all GMO... I try to avoid big agra commodity crops in general, wheat, corn, refined sugar, etc) so you won't find any tofu in my diet... instead, I eat plenty of green vegetables, fruit, nuts, potatoes of all kinds, beans/lentils, olive and coconut oils... I eat dark chocolate and avocado occasionally as well. Grain-wise, I probably have rice or millet 4-5 times a week. Also lately I've been drinking beer again (I don't care what the studies say, it seems to agree with me more than wine does). But it would definitely be possible to go grain-free vegan!

100% sure – I'm going vegan!

I'm grain free! Or at least most of the time, because I do feel much better when I'm not eating cereal grains. I do still eat buckwheat and quinoa.

Jahan

Hi Lisa,

Have you tried sprouts? You can sprout almost every kind of grain. I eat wheat and lentil sprouts every day. There is a very simple and practical method to make sprouts. Let me know if you want me to explain how I make them.