Thread: 1000 Vegan Recipes by Robin Robertson

Default 1000 Vegan Recipes by Robin Robertson

I didn't see a thread for this one. I picked it up at Barnes and Noble along with the 500 Vegan recipes book.

I've just been flipping through some of the pages and it reminds me of a Betty Crocker Cookbook. It's filled with a lot of good, basic recipes. And it has instructions on how to do things, which I really like.

My opinion is it's a great starter cookbook for vegan newbies like me.

I have flicked through it, I agree with you that it is a great cookbook for new vegans as there are many basic recipes which are good foundations to build on and experiement from. That being said, I haven't made anything from it yet. I tend to use my cookbooks more for inspiration and light reading material than cooking! I was looking at the caramelised onion foccacia earlier and thinking that it sounded really nice
    Houmous atá ann!

Default Re: 1000 Vegan Recipes by Robin Robertson

How I wish it had pictures! I bought this book on Amazon about a month ago, but sadly without picture to inspire me I find it hard to decide what to cook from it. I agree that the book's recipes seem easy, which is not a bad thing when I don't feel like spending an hour in front of the stove
    All beings tremble before violence. All fear death, all love life. See yourself in others. Then whom can you hurt? What harm can you do? - Buddha

Quote BlackNeko View Post
    How I wish it had pictures! I bought this book on Amazon about a month ago, but sadly without picture to inspire me I find it hard to decide what to cook from it. I agree that the book's recipes seem easy, which is not a bad thing when I don't feel like spending an hour in front of the stove
    If you were inspired by a certain recipe you could look it up on Google images and see if any bloggers have posted pictures of it
    Houmous atá ann!

Default Re: 1000 Vegan Recipes by Robin Robertson

Quote Blueberries View Post
    If you were inspired by a certain recipe you could look it up on Google images and see if any bloggers have posted pictures of it
    Oh I didn't think of that, good idea!
    All beings tremble before violence. All fear death, all love life. See yourself in others. Then whom can you hurt? What harm can you do? - Buddha