Thread: New to veganism

itsawhalefish

Default New to veganism

I thought I would introduce myself here. (not sure if its the correct place)

I'm originally from the states and now live in England. Tried the Vegan thing after high school for about a year, and lost tons of weight and felt great, but of course, being American, lots of fast food around, and couldn't resist it, and started eating way too much meat.

We are due to have a baby in about 6 weeks, and it got me thinking about my health, I have lots of kidney stones, over 30 of them, and passed one last night actually. And I have IBS. I got reading a while back about how a Vegan diet may improve IBS and kidney stones, so I thought I would give it a go. My wife isnt happy about preparing two different meals, haha.

Instead of going Vegetarian first, I decided to try a full Vegan diet because I'm lactose intollerant, and eggs make me sick, pretty much just leaves meat.

So probably lots of newby questions from me at some point.

Default Re: New to Veganism

Welcome! I'm new to the forum too and have been vegan just over a year. Before I became vegan I had lots of health problems, including IBS, veganism has helped my IBS a massive amount, I think maybe I just didn't tolerate meat or dairy very well. Good luck with your new found veganism, i hope it helps with your health problems.

Default Re: New to Veganism

Hi! I'm brand new to veganism too. Have been veggie for 10 years though. Hope everything goes well for you

Default Re: New to veganism

I'm a noob too...

Welcome new people and congratters on a great decision.

100% sure – I'm going vegan! nathanjh13's Avatar

Welcome. I was veggie 5 years and vegan 6 months. Finding it pretty easy. The only think I miss is no not cheese, convenience. But i'm well practiced now. I noticed the Vegan Society have youtube videos looking at bringing babies up vegan with many benefits (no colic etc).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcWeKHJksxY

MIght not be your thing just putting it on your radar. Sincere best wishes.

IBS suffering lactose intolerant vegan here! My IBS has improved a lot since becoming vegan, however for the first couple of months I had awful digestive problems. I took digestive enzymes with every meal and persisted with the vegan food. Eventually my body adjusted and since my health has dramatically improved. I still have IBS flair ups but less frequent and less severe. If you have problems with digestion at first, please don't give up, your body might just need some help to adjust. I've been vegan now for 3 years, definitely best decision of my life. Good luck.
    "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"

What's the best UK supermarket for Vegan food products?

Personally I would say Sainsburys because they clearly label vegan food.
    "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"