Thread: child allergies

Default child allergies

A friend's grandson is alergic to dairy and soya and they asked me if I knew of any alternative milk he could have (he is 9months old) I suggested rice milk but she said that children under 4yrs shouldnt drink rice milk because of the toxins that are in it. This I didnt realise, so I said I would try and find out for her as I didnt want to suggest another milk incase that was unsuitable for children as well. So I thought I would ask on here

Does anyone know of an alternative to soya milk that is safe for a child of his age?

Thankyou in advance
    We all love animals. So why do we call some "pets" and others "dinner?" ~k.d. lang

Quote genisis View Post
    I suggested rice milk but she said that children under 4yrs shouldnt drink rice milk because of the toxins that are in it.
    Are there toxins in rice milk? I thought that rice cereal was pretty typical baby food? (I do not have kids so have no experience of this, I just want to know where she heard this and if it's credible).
    Houmous atá ann!

Default Re: child allergies

Hmm maybe she will find something useful here: http://www.naturodoc.com/library/children/formula.htm

Default Re: child allergies

She told me that the hospital had told her this about the rice milk Blueberries, but I too was surprised to hear of this as I thought rice milk would be ok.

And thanx Tabbycat for the link, I will pass the info on to her.
    We all love animals. So why do we call some "pets" and others "dinner?" ~k.d. lang