Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My Raymond Blanc saga

Default Re: My Raymond Blanc saga

I know I'm probably in the minority but I would happily settle for fresh fruit as a restaurant dessert - but I would expect nice fruit, well-presented, not what Eileen had.

Quote Cacique View Post
    You're making my mouth water! Lol

All of those are pretty easy to make, since I've made pies pretty easily and I'm not that big of a chef. Out of all the cakes I've tried to make, chocolate cake is the easiest, all though making frosting can be a bit time consuming, more so than a pie lol. And snickerdoodle cookies are the easiest cookies I've found to make, haven't had any luck with chocolate chip cookies.
    See I'm lazy with cakes, plain victoria sandwiches for the Fatman with jam slapped in the middle (in truth he likes them like that, he does like buttercream too, but is quite happy with just jam).
    I am going to make snickerdoodle cookies sometime soon, have a recipe for them - but now, you're making my mouth water. Fancy a meet-up for puddings, cakes and biscuits

- - - Updated - - -

Quote harpy View Post
    I know I'm probably in the minority but I would happily settle for fresh fruit as a restaurant dessert - but I would expect nice fruit, well-presented, not what Eileen had.
    No harpy, you're not. I love fruit, nicely presented too. I think it's a great finish for a meal. My favourite - raspberries, blueberries and pineapple (not nasty hard pineapple either). I'm a raspberry addict really. Could eat punnets of them. Oh and fresh cherries too, yummy.
    But fresh fruit is difficult for me as people always seem to give me strawberries and I'm allergic to them.

Mmm, raspberries! A lot of strawberries aren't that nice these days (although they can be of course) so perhaps you're not missing out so much with those.