Thread: Chimps Attack Man and Woman

Default Chimps Attack Man and Woman

She died the way she lived; ugly.

Mozbee

Default Re: Chimps Attack Man and Woman

I'd be interested to read what you think cobainist.

My gut instinct is telling me the couple with the cake haven't always been that "predictable" & maybe 'word' had spread.
    Whatever's the case I like the chimps.

From what I read at the time (we covered this story in Arcnews) the couple behaved in a way that would antagonise the chimps. Having a nice social drink at your birthday party is fine if there are consenting humans there, but if you decide to have a bit to drink, then give birthday cake to someone trapped in a cage, who has been previously abused by other captors, don't expect them not to bite your nose off if you get too close.

Mary

That's sad.

Honestly, I don't like chimps. I've seen footage of what they do to small monkeys. It's not nice.
    "Maybe I'll catch fire, something warm to hold me..."

Quote Brownie
    That's sad.

Honestly, I don't like chimps. I've seen footage of what they do to small monkeys. It's not nice.
    They have a lot in common with humans after all. Look at what we do to other animals. At least no chimpanzee ever invented cages, and locked other animals in them for the crime of belonging to a different species.

Mary

Sorry I snapped Browny, I just realised you are only a kid. That's not meant to sound condescending, just that I wouldn't have growled at you if I had seen your age first. When you're my age you will be suitably annoyed with human beings that you might have more time for the chimpanzees! I've been doing animal rights for about nine years now, and humans do all manner of awful things. It does your head in after a while.

Just by being vegan you are doing a great thing for the other animals, so I promise not to go grrrr at you again. I wasn't even veggie at your age.

Mary

realfood neil

We shouldn't criticise animals for attacking humans after all we have done all sorts of disgusting things to all species of animals so we shouldn't moan if they decide to fight back once in a while. And after all do we hate all humans because of the actions of some? I don't hate all humans I just hate what humans do.

Very few animals do the things that humans get up to and they mainly do it to protect their territory or to kill for food. We humans are one of a very few band of creatures that kill for the enjoyment of killing. But we are the only creature who thinks up as many different ways of killing that will both give pleasure to the killer and as much pain as possible to the person being killed.

Imagine if you had been locked up for over 30 years with very little company and people staring through the bars at you so you get very little privacy, I bet you would snap one day and would try and kill someone. And the newspaper report was like all reports giving the view from the human perspective and forgetting that two people died.

Quote Realfood Mary
    They have a lot in common with humans after all. Look at what we do to other animals. At least no chimpanzee ever invented cages, and locked other animals in them for the crime of belonging to a different species.

Mary
    I know, maybe that's one of the reasons that I don't really like them. It's just that I was watching a National Geographic-type documentary and I saw a couple of the chimpanzees ganging up on a spider monkey. They tore the poor monkey apart and that monkey's screams still haunt me. I guess it's just a grudge.

And you're post didn't sound condescending.

I think humans are much worse and violent than chimps are.
    "Maybe I'll catch fire, something warm to hold me..."

tails4wagging

It all boils down to the fact that these creatures are not, nor ever be, pets or transported far away from their natural habitat. The poor chimps are the innocent victims in all this.

Yet again I am ashamed of belonging to the human race!!!

spo

Quote tails4wagging
    It all boils down to the fact that these creatures are not, nor ever be, pets or transported far away from their natural habitat. The poor chimps are the innocent victims in all this.

Yet again I am ashamed of belonging to the human race!!!
    Thanks for putting it so well, again, Tails
    I agree completely.
    spo

Chimps fascinate me, they really are like us. I saw a documentary where they plotted the murder of another chimp.
    When they kill little monkeys it a political thing as they don't need the meat, and so they share it the meat according to favour, and if one is often left out, they can become the target of a vicious attack.
    So yeah, just like people.

Mozbee

Yeah they are like people!
    But if it came to the crunch and I had to decide whether to irradicate all human life from earth or all the chimpanzees that exist on earth I know which species I'd nullify!

spo

Quote Mozbee
    Yeah they are like people!
    But if it came to the crunch and I had to decide whether to irradicate all human life from earth or all the chimpanzees that exist on earth I know which species I'd nullify!
    Boy, if we continue to agree like this, Moz, people will think you're my long-lost twin sister or something.
    spo

cross barer

Haven't you seen 'planet of the apes'? They'll just take over

Mozbee

Quote adam antichrist
    Haven't you seen 'planet of the apes'? They'll just take over
    Us pesky humans (well the ones who've studied big ape behaviour) think that baboons are the ones most likely to evolve (and cause havoc no doubt) next! Is that what you've heard too?

Pink_princes

every lving creature on earth is different. The fact with this story is that the chimps must have obviosuly been stressed and the man and woman were perhaps teasing them and stuff.