Thread: Recommended vegan cake book

Default Recommended vegan cake book

Can anyone recommend a good vegan cake book?
    One that has all different types of cakes, fruit, sponge, little ones etc.
    My niece wants to buy me a book for my birthday and I thought as I have no vegan cake books one would be nice. I'm getting fed up of printing stuff from the web!
    Cheers
    Michelle

Quote micthemini View Post
    Can anyone recommend a good vegan cake book?
    One that has all different types of cakes, fruit, sponge, little ones etc.
    My niece wants to buy me a book for my birthday and I thought as I have no vegan cake books one would be nice. I'm getting fed up of printing stuff from the web!
    Cheers
    Michelle
    'Vegan cupcakes take over the world' is a good one. I also like the look of the new Ms Cupcake (I think it's called 'The naughiest vegan cupcakes in town') book too

Edited to add links!
    VCTOTW: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1569...r=8-10&pi=SL75

Ms Cupcake: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/0224...sr=8-1&pi=SL75
    Last edited by Blueberries; May 4th, 2013 at 07:29 AM.
    Houmous atá ann!

Default Re: Recommended vegan cake book

Thanks Blueberries.
    I've looked at Isa & Terry's cupcake one but I wanted more than cupcakes and then I looked at Ms Cupcakes on Amazon. And even though it's not released here yet, it looks good.
    I'm going to pass it to my lovely niece...she'll do the business.

This book is very thin but some of the recipes look quite nice: http://www.animalaidshop.org.uk/book...egan-cake-book

Both of these: Divine Vegan Desserts and Sweet Vegan have some lovely looking recipes but not all are cakes

I can strongly recommend the chocolate blackout cake from Vegan With a Vengeance - its delicious.

Firestorm, what have you done to me???
    I've bought the book from Animal Aid, and whilst on their site I happened to stumble upon the chocolates, the Bouja Boujas called me and I ended up buying a mixed pack (the Fatman quite liked the sound of some of them and he loves the banoffee ones) and then I noticed Rose Petal truffles, they fell into my basket, then Fatman noticed the Sea Salt chocolate, then...well it just went on. So instead of spending £2.99, it's a lot more, of course the lot more includes postage (that was soooo much, yes really, honest ) and a donation of course.
    But I'd rather spend it on stuff like that then go out drinking, so I'm a happy bunny. Thanks for the recommendation.
    I will check out the cake from VwaV, have that.
    Cheers, Mic

Sorry!!!
    That book does have some really nice recipes in it though - I'm making the custard cake soon

I'll let you know what I think of it, and I'll do some baking when I get it, maybe take some photos.
    As for the chocolates, I'll share with you. Just a shame you don't live near me - grins.
    Custard cake, mmmmm.
    I'm going to try to make Rad Whip sometime soon. We had a soya mango whipped cream from Tibits which was so nice and I want to have something like that.

Firestorm
    Thank you so much for the recommendation. I got my parcel today. The book, small though it is, is absolutely lovely.
    And my rose petal chocolates are lush (had to quality test one ). I received a lovely comp slip thanking me for my donation. Will definitely order again from them.
    I've left it up to hubby to chose the cake he wants, so I'll be baking on Saturday afternoon.

Wonderful! Happy cake munching!

Hi Firestorm
    Animal Aid book is really good, I've baked a cake and today I made the chocolate pudding with chocolate sauce, very easy end extremely delicious.
    We had it with Rad Whip, from theppk (Isa Chandra) and it is good.
    Think I've eaten way too much now

I'm very happy to hear that, I have been stuffing my self with the cake from VWAV (I burnt it a bit but it was still good), pics can be seen here

I made sparkled ginger cookies from VWAV today.
    Your cake looks lovely, must try that one.
    Still have some chocolate pudding left for tomorrow, with more rad whip, which hubby really liked.

My favourite discoveries of late have been "vegan pie in the sky", it's by the same people who did vegan cupcakes take over the world, and vegan cookies invade your cookie jar(or something like that).... I also massively recommend veganomicon. Ha, just realised that I sound like an ad for these guys, but honestly, they're amazing! Coconut lime cupcakes are TOO good!

Quote Sha Ri A View Post
    My favourite discoveries of late have been "vegan pie in the sky", it's by the same people who did vegan cupcakes take over the world, and vegan cookies invade your cookie jar(or something like that).... I also massively recommend veganomicon. Ha, just realised that I sound like an ad for these guys, but honestly, they're amazing! Coconut lime cupcakes are TOO good!
    All done by Isa Chandra Moskowitz who, in my humble opinion, is a goddess. She has transformed my way of cooking and I admire her for it. She has also helped me get my omni hubby into some vegan foods, which cannot be bad

Today I received Ms Cupcake's book. Oh my, it is so good.
    I was going to do some baking but I'm a bit ill. Which isn't fair as I have the day off as it's my birthday (thus the book). I'm a little annoyed as I've been good recently so why does my illness have to flare up on my birthday, just typical eh!
    But I will bake some cakes at the weekend, yay!

Happy Birthday

I got that book just after it came out but have not made anything yet, I will look forward to hearing your recommendations

Thanks Firestorm.
    I will let you know once I've made something.
    I did bake a cake this evening, to take to work tomorrow. I did Isa Chandra's Bundt cake, but as a whole round cake. Came out rather nice.

Hello everyone.
    I haven't been on this (or other usual forums) for a while as I've been on holiday, and now I'm studyingso iI'm trying to be good and avoid distractions.
    But time off is required, so I'm surfing.
    I just thought I'd update you on my Ms Cupcake adventure. I've made cupcakes, Naimaino bars, muffins, jaffa cakes, and they have all been eaten up.
    I also made fig not ons from VWAV, not for me, but hubby, he's a fig roll man, and he adored them.
    So the vegan cakemaking has stepped up a few notches, to hubby's delight.
    Anyway, will try to visit here more often, think I'm catching up on my course now.
    Mic