Thread: dairy alternative recommendations in spain?

Default dairy alternative recommendations in spain?

Hi, i'm about to venture abroad for the first time since going vegan, and will be going to spain next month. can anyone recommend what to look out for over there? i usually use oat-milk here, but would be happy enough with soya. and i use a sunflower spread usually too
    can anyone reassure me that things like this are available in spain? i am having a bit of a panic although i'm sure it is an unnecessary panic! -it's just new for me to go away from my comfort brands.Thank you !

Quote chickpea1 View Post
    Hi, i'm about to venture abroad for the first time since going vegan, and will be going to spain next month. can anyone recommend what to look out for over there? i usually use oat-milk here, but would be happy enough with soya. and i use a sunflower spread usually too
    can anyone reassure me that things like this are available in spain? i am having a bit of a panic although i'm sure it is an unnecessary panic! -it's just new for me to go away from my comfort brands.Thank you !
    Hi Chickpea1!
    I'm living in Spain so hopefully I can be of some help. Whereabouts are you going?

If you are near a big town there should be a department store called El Corte Ingles. El Corte Ingles has a health food section where you should be able to find Provamel soya spread and a variety of non-dairy milks.

Also looks out for a supermarket called Mercadona, they have own-brand soya milk and and yoghurt, as well as stocking the YoSoy brand of rice milk and oat milk.

Most supermarkets should have either Vivesoy or Alpro soya milk. There is a corn oil spread called Artua Maiz that is commonly available in supermarkets that appears to be vegan except that it has vitamin D and I am not sure if it is D2 or D3. I thought I saw somewhere online ages ago that it is vegan but I haven't been able to find proof!

I'm in Barcelona so I am spoiled for vegan choices but I know that outside of big cities it is a bit harder to find some things. Let me know if you have any more questions!
    Houmous atá ann!

Default Re: dairy alternative recommendations in spain?

Hi,

I live in Galicia, pretty much in the middle of nowhere, and it is still possible to get hold of dairy alternatives as Blueberries has already said. Most reasonably sized towns will have a health food store that sells a variety of soy, oat, and almond etc milk. If you are going to be travelling a lot, it may be a good idea to stock up on these before heading to your next location to make life a little easier. I don't drink soya milk much anymore but have found the Mercadona own brand to be one of the best as it is not sweetened like many of the others. Things are improving here, and more products are becoming available now

Default Re: dairy alternative recommendations in spain?

Hello, thank you both for your replies, i have found them very helpful, and it sounds like there's plenty on offer in spain for us. I am going to be flying into malaga and travelling around a bit within a couple of hours drive from there. at the moment we sre staying for some time in mijas and some time near torrox. we wont be going too far away as we'll have a 1 year old and a 3 year old in the car.
    i will write down all your recommendations to take with me- means i wont have to fill my suitcase with oat milk as well which is good!
    thank you very much! helen