Thread: Vegan related Google alerts

Default Vegan related Google alerts

Do you subscribe to Google alerts? I do, and get an email every day with vegan related news.
    If any of you want to contribute to making this forum more interesting for our visitors, it would be great if one/some of you could subscribe to this service and post some of the most interesting articles/links in this section!

From the email I got today:

The Vegan-Friendly Cocktails at Crossroads Are Worth a Taste
    LA Magazine (blog)
    When a new restaurant wants to make an impression in L.A. sometimes being the fanciest vegan eatery with an Oprah-approved chef just doesn't seem like enough. Quality craft cocktails helps lots...says the girl whose hobby is drinking. Initially for its ...
    See all stories on this topic »
    Vegan Southwestern Bean Burgers - nutritious and delicious - AnnArbor.com
    AnnArbor.com
    Vegan Southwestern Bean Burgers are a fat-free and delicious plant-based solution for summer barbeques. Vicki Brett-Gach | Contributor. Bean burgers have a lot to brag about. They might be the underdog at a summer barbecue, but they can be the ideal ...
    Why accountable care organizations are like vegan barbecue
    ModernMedicine
    The vast majority of ACOs are one-tailed - managed care without the risk, which is like vegan barbecue. It's the risk that forces us to make choices. The main problem isn't the rate of increase in costs, but that healthcare has become absurdly expensive.
    Munch vegan pizza and listen to Arthritis: A Natural Approach
    Maui News (blog)
    While there, you may enjoy free vegan pizza baked by Flatbread Co. in Paia and refreshments. According to Blake, one in five adults, and half of those over 65 have arthritis. “Reducing inflammation is the key to reducing pain,” he states in a press ...
    Create the Ultimate Vegan Campout in Five Easy Steps
    Ecorazzi
    Let's be real: camping is the perfect summer adventure. You can roam as far as you like, or just pitch a tent in your backyard and relive the glory days of childhood. Wherever your vegan hiking boots take you, one thing is certain: camping requires the ...
    Choose spicy buffalo cauliflowers for a vegan appetizer
    StateHornet.com
    Once marinated in hot sauce and baked, the cauliflower deceptively resembles chicken wings, which makes this recipe a fun way to surprise meat lovers with a delicious dish that is vegan. Spicy Cauliflower Buffalo Wings. Servings: 6. 1 cup of water. ¾ ...
    Staff pick: Low Brau satisfies meat lovers and offers vegan options
    StateHornet.com
    Low Brau is affordable and satisfying, making it ideal for students looking to pig out on a budget. Both meat and vegan sausages cost less than $8 and the sausages can be toppled in plenty of toppings such as sauerkraut, hot or sweet peppers, fresh ...
    Kitchen 17 Is a New Vegan Restaurant With Homemade Burgers and Chicken ...
    Chicagomag.com
    He signed the lease in March, and May 3 opened Kitchen 17 (613 W. Briar Pl., 773-661-1757), an 18-seat vegan restaurant. A sampling of his menu: • “Chicken” salad, made with extra-firm tofu and Vegenaise, which uses high-sulfur East Indian salts to ...
    Dr. J's Vibrant Cafe Serving Vegan Eats Next Month
    Eater LA (blog)
    Have a look at these renderings for new healthy vegan joint Dr. J's Vibrant Cafe from chef Dr. Juliet Tien (Dr. J), underway in Downtown's Old Bank District at 4th and Main. On target to open next month, Dr J is building her menu on health-promoting ...
    I will not eat anything that walks, swims, flies, runs, skips, hops or crawls.

Default Re: Vegan related Google alerts

Another vegan option for DC ramen lovers at Taan in Adams Morgan
    Washington Post (blog)
    Bisagni says the vegan soup is the first step toward offering diners at Taan a separate vegan menu. Until then, he says, he's made a few starters that can be vegan with a modification or two, including a chewy mochi with a sugar-based chili jam, and a ...
    Easy, moist (vegan) chocolate cupcakes
    Christian Science Monitor
    I am not a vegan and the fact that these cupcakes are is purely coincidence. But it's definitely a happy coincidence for those of you who are vegans 'cause these suckers are good! Skip to next paragraph. Eve Fox. Eve is the creator of The Garden of ...
    Meatless Monday: The Art(isan) of Vegan Cheese -- Miyoko Schinner
    Huffington Post
    Fellow vegans, it's time to up your gastronomic game. Remember runny, smelly brie? Remember sharp, aged cheddar? Plant-based versions that stand up to the real luscious dairy deal can be yours, thanks to Miyoko Schinner and her bestselling book, ...
    Mark Bittman on eating 'Vegan Before 6' for better health
    89.3 KPCC
    That's the premise of a new book called "VB6: Eat Vegan Before 6:00 to Lose Weight and Restore Your Health . . . for Good" by New York Times food columnist Mark Bittman. He joins the show to tell us why he decided to go vegan part-time and he offers ...
    Dark chocolate mousse with cardamom, candied ginger and hazelnuts [Vegan]
    Treehugger (blog)
    I was in the mood for a chocolate mousse and started looking around for a vegan recipe. I thought it would be a bit lighter than a traditional recipe, and to be honest I was curious if a vegan recipe could even hold a candle to a mousse made with dairy ...
    Portia de Rossi on How Easy It Is to Be Vegan
    Ecorazzi
    Here's what the “Arrested Development” actress had to say in an interview with the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, after the reporter said she gained weight as a vegan. “[Laughing] Ah that is actually the first time I have heard that. Most people lose a lot ...
    Vegetable Heaven in TriBeCa
    Wall Street Journal
    Whereas I've seen evidence in New York of vegan chefs and vegan restaurants wanting to be ranked simply as chefs and as restaurants, rather than as part of a specific subculture." Ms. Cheng, who has maintained a vegan diet for many years, inspired by ...
    The 2013 NYC Veggie Prom Is May 31
    SuperVegan (blog)
    And, if you can't dance you can always sit in the corner and eat tons of the free food that will be available, including candy from Go Max Go Foods (yes, you read that correctly), cookies from Vegan O'Brien Baking Co., nut cheese from Treeline Cheese ...
    Recipe: Jaffa Cake
    One Green Planet
    This is a vegan spin on a tried and true British classic. Jaffa cakes are a beloved British tea time treat, with a chocolate topping and a gooey orange filling in the middle. This version is made with a luscious chocolate ganache. Serves 8. Prep time ...
    Meat-Free Monday: Greek Caponata
    Global Animal
    (VEGAN) Opa! Let your Monday festivities begin with a meatless extravaganza! Rich with culture and vegetables, a savory serving of vegan Greek caponata will take your taste buds on a journey straight to Athens. Eggplant, summer squash, and tomato keep ...

Weeknight Vegetarian: Going vegan, for the day, with Mark Bittman
    Washington Post
    The subtitle of “VB6” explains the concept: “Eat Vegan Before 6:00 to Lose Weight and Restore Your Health . . . for Good.” The idea stems from his doctor's suggestion six years ago that in order to reverse a course headed toward diabetes and heart...
    Former NBA star John Salley touts health benefits of vegan diet
    Examiner.com
    Contact Email2. Contact Url. Subscribe to Blog. Remember my Info. Former NBA star John Salley is healthier than ever after switching to a vegan diet six years ago, and says the common misperception that vegans don't get enough protein defies logic.
    Mushrooms make vegan dish meaty
    Buffalo News
    Today's dish is a vegan version of the classic linguine with clam sauce, minus the clams. It's a recipe from the December issue of “Vegetarian Times” that caught my eye. This dish gets its hearty taste from shiitake mushrooms and nutritional yeast.
    FRUGAL VEGAN: Putting the 'soba' into 'yakisoba'
    The Sentinel
    There are many dishes I call by their traditional, not-vegan names. With some foods, this false identification is obvious — such as “sausage” or “macaroni and cheese” — but with others, you might not know the original wasn't vegan. Yakisoba is one of ...
    PCRM Wants Paula Deen Museum to Serve Vegan Food
    Eater National
    The headline-grabbing vegan propagandists at the Physicians Committee For Responsible Medicine want to help Food Network favorite Paula Deen include exhibitions about diabetes and vegan-friendly foods at the museum being built in her honor in ...
    Locally made vegan ice cream is good and good for you
    Redwood Times
    Creamy and delicious vegan ice cream from Vixen Kitchen is the latest sensation at the Garberville Farmer's market, drawing long lines of customers as the afternoons warm up. Owner and ice cream maker Sundara Clark developed her recipe, using raw ...
    Chef Chat Eat vegan all day until 6 pm
    Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
    Taking stock of what he knew, he came up with Vegan Before 6:00. Focusing on increasing the intake of vegetables, fruits and legumes, he cut out junk food. Keeping things in check during the day, he culled a flexible diet cutting out animal products ...
    More vegetarian options
    Reading Eagle
    The Bridge Inn at Pleasantville, Oley Township: Recent vegetarian offerings have included such dishes as chickpea and butternut squash on a bed of udon noodles, with bok choy, roasted plum tomatoes, snow peas, carrots, slivered almonds and scallions ...
    SECURELY FASHIONED: Cruelty-free fashion
    Wilkes Barre Times-Leader
    When you follow a vegan lifestyle, you steer clear of all animal products and ingredients. When you're on a vegan diet, you avoid eating meat, dairy, or any animal by-products. If you have never tried the vegan lifestyle, you would be amazed at the ...
    The Butcher's Daughter: Restaurant review
    New York Daily News
    The Butcher's Daughter may operate one of the most placid dining rooms below Houston St., but it's gleefully smashing stereotypes about how vegan food can look and taste. Carlton's time at West Village hotspot Buvette seems to have amped up her ...

A Vegan With a Dark Side
    New York Times
    The line also has the distinction of being completely vegan (down to its makeup brushes, which have synthetic bristles and plant-based glue) and “cruelty-free,” in the parlance of the industry. That earned it a Trail-Blazer Award from People for the ...
    Being Vegan: How a Small Movement in England Came to Define Thousands of ...
    Huffington Post
    Explanations are needed -- evidently from both the sign and from behind the register - because Native Foods serves only Vegan faire. Wheat and soy-based substitutes serve to disguise menu items to both the eye and the palate, and those new to the ...
    The Sexy Vegan Brian L. Patton whips up spicy mango gazpacho: Tales from the ...
    OregonLive.com
    Sexy Vegan Brian Patton 002.jpg View full sizeAuthor and chef Brian L. Patton signs a copy of "The Sexy Vegan Cookbook" while visiting the Foodday Test Kitchen this week. Patton made mango gazpacho from his upcoming book of happy hour recipes.
    Vegan Jenny McCarthy is red-hot at New York gala; once weighed 211 lbs
    Examiner.com
    McCarthy credits a mostly-vegan, gluten- and dairy-free diet for her age-defying body. “[Cutting out gluten and dairy is] the best health change I've ever made,” Jenny told Shape. “I lost a few pounds and have much more energy. "My new favorite thing ...
    Read It and Eat: Vegan foods everyone would eat, supper-club tested
    Austin Chronicle
    Through recipes that were more approachable than I, an omnivore, anticipated, Mérida Anderson positions vegan cooking as a cuisine in itself, the next foodie frontier. Big, Instagram-pretty photos accompany nearly every recipe, enticing your inner ...
    Vegan Latinas: The cultural clash of having a vegan lifestyle
    VOXXI
    Vegan Latinas like Dayana Alonso find it difficult for family members to accept her diet. (Photo by Daysi Calavia-Lopez/ VOXXI). Vegan diets have become increasingly popular. As celebrities like former President Bill Clinton, talk show host Ellen ...
    Vegan Vanilla Cake with Fresh Strawberries and Coconut Whipped Cream
    AnnArbor.com
    I have been wanting to create a vegan version of strawberry shortcake for a long time, and all I can say is this recipe is just as good as it sounds. With sweet strawberries piled high on warm vanilla cake and garnished with coconut whipped cream, this ...
    El Cantaro Vegan Mexican Restaurant Opens in New Monterey
    Monterey County Weekly (blog)
    I'm all too familiar with Monterey County's dearth of vegetarian and vegan spots, so I was one of those eager to try it. On opening night I went by their place, perched at Foam and Irving between Lighthouse Avenue and Cannery Row, to bring back a ...