Thread: Vegan eatery in Lyme Regis, Dorset!

Smile Vegan eatery in Lyme Regis, Dorset!

AT LAST! I have felt like the only vegan in the South West for a long time (okay, slight exaggeration, but vegans are thin on the ground in Lyme), but now we have a vegetarian and vegan restaurant in town! And what a restaurant! Tierra Kitchen on Coombe Street is owned and run by chef Mark Evans, formerly of Cafe Maitreya in Bristol. THE FOOD IS AMAZING!! The very best vegan food I have tasted - sage and pumpkin seed sausages, five Spring vegetable tagine, and chocolate, plum and almond brownie, to name a few dishes - and great service and reasonably priced too. I'm salivating at the thought of all the delicious flavours.... The thought of the warm Spring salad with crispy pink fir apple potatoes, purple sprouting broccoli, Spring greens, roasted pistachios and a raspberry vinegar dressing is making me drool.....! With absolutely everything made on the premises, and local, organic produce used whenever possible, I am so, so lucky to be vegan, and to live in Lyme!

Hi VeganRuth, is this an ad or a personal, unaffiliated recommendation?
    Houmous atá ann!

Default Re: Vegan eatery in Lyme Regis, Dorset!

Hello! Definitely a recommendation! I don't work there, but I do live just round the corner, and work in a gallery a couple of minutes walk away. I eat at Tierra as often as I can I would LOVE to work somewhere like that, but - for now - I am stuck working in a non-vegan environment. x x

Default Re: Vegan eatery in Lyme Regis, Dorset!

Hi Ruth, you're definitely not the only vegan in the South West I've set up a new website to help us vegans living and visiting Dorset find vegan friendly places to eat. It's at dorsetvegan.weebly.com - if you get a minute please check it out - hopefully it'll be useful