Thread: Vegan cosmetics site

Default Vegan cosmetics site

Hi ForumIm looking into starting a business selling vegan make up. Im researching brands to find something different from the usual brands that come up and would stock vegan lines from brands where not everything is vegan too. Ive been googling this a lot and asking other vegan friends but if anyone here can help please do. Is there a site similar to this already?If you have a spare minute please could you complete this survey? http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/LT22TPB there will be a small prize for a randomly selected person who completes the survey as a way to say thank you.Thanks in advance

Hi Hel, I've completed your survey I don't really use cosmetics though so I'm no use!
    Houmous atá ann!

Default Re: Vegan cosmetics site

What Blueberries said (did survey but am not a big user of cosmetics).

As regards a site similar to that I don't know of one - I sometimes buy stuff from the Animal Aid online shop though.

Good luck

Quiet-Vegan

Hiya,

There's a company called CuteCosmetics that sounds similar to the sort of thing you are describing.

http://www.cutecosmetics.co.uk/

I found the cutecosmetics site a bit confusing - they claim everything is "cruelty free" but not everything is vegan?

Quote harpy View Post
    I found the cutecosmetics site a bit confusing - they claim everything is "cruelty free" but not everything is vegan?
    I think by 'cruelty-free' they mean non-animal tested. So there can still be animal by-products like beeswax etc
    Houmous atá ann!

Quiet-Vegan

Quote harpy View Post

Hi, yes they have two separately listed sections in the Shop By Ethics section ~ Vegan and Organic. I used it as an example because it seems to have a wide range of vegan cosmetics.

Cruelty free, as Blueberries says, means that none of the ingredients has been tested on animals. Lush, for example, is cruelty free but uses honey etc in some of their products so not all are vegan.

Yes, probably - bit off-putting to those of us who don't buy that definition of "cruelty-free" though!

Jo Anne

Hi! I know I am responding to an old post but I was just wondering if you were able to find a company with vegan make-up? I currently use a line of skin care and cosmetics from a company called Arbonne. All products are vegan certified and PETA approved, gluten free and free of harmful ingredients such as parabens, sulphates, pthalates, metals, preservatives etc. I absolutely love this line of products! It's healthy for you and the environment, never tested on animals, and it's a great business too! The make-up is very natural looking, works with the pigments of your skin, allows your skin to breathe and lasts all day! Contact me if you need some more information!