Thread: Red

Default Red

Hello Vegan Chefs,

I wonder if anyone could come up with a bright idea.

We are having our work pot luck tomorrow and the theme is '50 shades of red'. We should wear red and food should be red (or at least mostly red) - pink is a shade of red but unfortunately orange is a shade of yellow so not allowed.... *can't remember who made up the rules )

It can be savoury or sweet - would like to come up with something a bit more creative than stuffed tomatoes or peppers or strawberry icecream.

Any ideas would be most welcome - if it is fairly well known dish, then I can easily find a recipe so just the idea is enough.

Many many thanks for any help

Best wishes

Hetfield

Default Re: Red

Roll out puff pastry, cover with a thin layer of tomato puree, top with tomatoes, beetroot, roasted red pepper. Season and bake for 20 mins at 220c.
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

How about Red Velvet Cake there are a few vegan recipes online but this one looks pretty easy. http://thehungrydudes.com/the-best-r...s-to-be-vegan/

Quote Risker View Post
    Roll out puff pastry, cover with a thin layer of tomato puree, top with tomatoes, beetroot, roasted red pepper. Season and bake for 20 mins at 220c.
    Quote Mymblesdaughter View Post
    How about Red Velvet Cake there are a few vegan recipes online but this one looks pretty easy. http://thehungrydudes.com/the-best-r...s-to-be-vegan/
    Both of those sound amazing!
    You could make a sundried tomato pesto to add to the pastry, I'd say it would be really nice!
    Houmous atá ann!

You could make chilli or borscht.