Thread: My mother said today that eating dairy is unnatural

Default My mother said today that eating dairy is unnatural

Wow. So saw my mother today, she was saying I am sounding (I used to have a lot of sinus problems) and looking better since giving up dairy, and I said that a side effect of going vegan has been better health. I said that my periods were better and I have been less ill in general. She then said 'Hmm I guess after breastmilk, it's unnatural to have milk' and that dairy is basically unnatural. So I then calmly went on about the abusiveness of the dairy industry, separating the calf and mother, and how even organic milk is cruel. This time, I wasn't shouted at, she was quiet. Hmmm. Maybe some progress?

Sounds like a realisation was made
    Houmous atá ann!

Default Re: My mother said today that eating dairy is unnatural

I doubt she would ever be vegan, but at least she acknowledges how messed up eating dairy is.

Facilitating an omni in a realisation (nice one BB!) of truth is progress indeed Miso
    All done in the best possible taste ...

Yes, definite progress.

Kudos!

Couple of days ago my GF-wife says to me, "I'm thinking about giving up dairy." I'm like, "Cool!"

She's having tummy problems. She doesn't drink a lot of milk, just a dollop in her tea in the morning. It's more about butter and cheese for her. I have assured her my soy cheeses and dairy-free margarine taste fine, all she needs to do is start using them. I mean, we already have them in the house. It's not like I"m hoarding them or anything.

I KNOW she'll feel better, both sinus-wise and tummy-wise.

Progress is good!

Now if I can just get her to give up bacon...

Good-o miso! As for it being unlikely for any particular person to become vegan, don't assume anything just yet... I used to swear up and down I'd NEVER be vegan and thought vegans were weird and fanatical. I only needed a little education and yes, realisation, and I soon changed my tune.

Quote Peabrain View Post
    Good-o miso! As for it being unlikely for any particular person to become vegan, don't assume anything just yet... I used to swear up and down I'd NEVER be vegan and thought vegans were weird and fanatical. I only needed a little education and yes, realisation, and I soon changed my tune.
    - - - Updated - - -

Well said Peabrain - me too!

Well, we were having a conversation about makeup, and she said 'Why don't we test on pedophiles and rapists, instead of animals?' And I said 'But you use L'Oreal and Maybelline, they test, so you're buying into animal cruelty'. She was like 'But haven't they banned animal testing?' I've told her repeatedly that they test on animals. And L'Oreal would still be testing if laws hadn't come in. So I said 'Put your money where your mouth is and stop buying them!' I've given her a list of cruelty free brands, and have been making her some serums and toners. So hopefully she will at least try and give up cruel cosmetics. She did 'um and ah' that she wouldn't be able to find a decent foundation. So I said 'Mum you cannot compare a decent foundation to the torture an animal will go through'. Every time she says things like that, I just tell her to imagine our dog in a cage in a lab (I know that's sick but it seems to get the message across, funny how people can 'other' animals as less important if it benefits them). So I am slowly getting there with family members.