Thread: Looking for a temporary couch/room in Birmingham

Default Looking for a temporary couch/room in Birmingham

Hey there,

I'm coming to Birmingham in September to do an internship with the Vegan Society and was wondering if there was anyone relatively close by Hockley region that would be willing to lend a couch and show me around in the first week or so. It would be very helpful since I'll be new to UK (I come from Slovenia but have been studying in the Netherlands for the past year). Please give me a shout if you can spare some space/time or know anyone that would .

P.S.: If it helps, I cook and bake (and do the dishes, too! ).
    Life is about having to change ... Taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.

You're so lucky to be interning for the Vegan Society! I hope that you enjoy it
    Houmous atá ann!

Default Re: Looking for a temporary couch/room in Birmingham

Hi, I guess you have probably already thought of these things, but just in case I would probably:

(a) ask the Vegan Society themselves if they know of anyone
    (b) ask on here http://veganvillage.co.uk/notices.htm
    (c) try asking a local group like https://www.facebook.com/birminghamvegetariansandvegans

Hope you find something. I can't think of anyone on here who's in that area but there may be someone!

Thanks, Harpy, I'll check it out I'd also be interested in any vegans living in overall Birmingham - just looking for a nice bunch to hang out with

@Blueberries, me too, I'm really looking forward to it. But hey, Igualidad Animal and Equanimal in Barcelona are also very nice.
    Life is about having to change ... Taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.

you could join the couchsurfing community https://www.couchsurfing.org or http://www.hospitalityclub.org/ not sure if there will be vegan places, but it's worth a try, I've hosted before and it's a good way to meet new people and make friends from all over the world. Hope this helps.
    "when the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace" Jimi Hendrix

Did you manage to find somewhere? Are you in Birmingham now? There's a new vegan restaurant opening in Birmingham later this month, I will be going. Let me know if you want to go! Also there's the Vegan Festival happening next month too. Shoot me a private message.

Hey Casey, I did find a place in the end, so I'm all good on that front . Keep an eye on your PMs!