Thread: Free vegan cookbook on Kindle

Default Free vegan cookbook on Kindle

Hi, sorry I've not been around, still studying and it's taking quite a bit of my time at the moment.
    But hubby pointed this out to me, so thought I'd post it here for anyone who has a kindle as it's free today.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...cm_cd_asin_lnk
    Hopefully in a few weeks my studying will all be done, till the next course!
    take care,
    Mic

Default Re: Free vegan cookbook on Kindle

Hi Mic, thanks for this tip, which I followed minutes before midnight - it still seems to be free today though! Good luck with your studying - talk soon xx

Another freebie on Kindle - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ag=untagged-21

I've just finished my course, having a few weeks break then back to another one, but a short course this time. I love studying

- - - Updated - - -

And some more -
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ag=untagged-21
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ag=untagged-21

Thanks, Mic, will avail myself.

Yes good to keep brain hard at work. Am feeling a bit lost with no more Open University courses after about 12 years but I'm not paying their new rates! What are you studying, if I may ask?

Quote harpy View Post
    Am feeling a bit lost with no more Open University courses after about 12 years
    Wow, studying for 12 years, well on you! You must be very qualified and well-rounded
    Houmous atá ann!

Only rounded in the literal sense I'm afraid, Bb. I do believe in "lifelong learning" to keep the grey matter in working order - shame the UK government's not so keen!

Harpy, I'm an ex-OUer, and I'm not completing my degree as I had time out and now cannot afford to do it.
    Not that I'm that bothered about geting a degree as i don't really need it (too late in life for jobs etc) but I'd like the satisfaction of getting it, if you see what I mean.
    I've just done a course on Sustainability of Food Systems: a Global Life Cycle Perspective. This was an 8 week free, MOOC (yep free) course with coursera.org run by the University of Minnisota. have another one booked, Animal Behaviour, that starts in 8 days, run by the University of Malbourne.
    And then, free again, another MOOC, this time with edX (which is Harvard, MIT, Berkeley and Texas run) on Fundamentals of Neuroscience, part 1.
    From what I've read, edX is much more academic than coursera, but I'm just pleased to be studying. I love learning, and I so miss my OU studying.

- - - Updated - - -

Blueberries, as Harpy will probably agree, distance learning (the OU) is a bit (okay, lot) addictive. I started in 2002, just on a science foundation course, with the aim of just doing one course. Ha ha, I did loads. I loved it.
    And as Harpy mentioned, it's only because of the high costs, that I stopped.
    Having don't a few of their short courses (to keep me amused between modules) which cost, when I did them, between £50 - £99, I now find for a 10 point course I did which cost me £75 it is now £427. That is dreadful, thus the move to coursera and edX. Both of which are international - so check it out and join in!