Thread: Birth Control

Default Birth Control

Just curious what other vegans do for birth control measures. I've been vegan for 6 years now and have few (ok NONE) vegan friends so thought I would check with you guys. Used to use vegan condoms and instead got Paragard IUD inserted. I reduce all my medical visits to only necessity and this is one of those things that I figured i needed. Not quite ready for a kid yet. ut anyways, after a routine check up (really just wanted to check my iron/ldl levels which were all good) learned that i might have a urinary track infection (tho I have no symptoms) so now I am starting to worry. Gonna start having lots of cranberry juice to fix that issue stat.
    Thanks for any info you have.

Default Re: Birth Control

I never thought about that one ...

M'ex was left infertile after an ectopic pregnancy and now, being with a lady of my own age, it's simply not something we have to worry about.

Sorry can't be much help there, Dela.

Welcome to the forum, btw
    All done in the best possible taste ...

if I was younger I would buy this http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-revi...owViewpoints=1 several people rave about it on another site I sometimes frequent. It's expensive yes, but if using it for a number of years the benefits should outweigh the cost a little. As i'm getting on a bit in the childbearing years it's not worth it for me personally, so condoms are the norm as coils never agreed with me (massive kidney infection, nearly had to have one removed, so not going there again) but i wish it had been around when i was younger.
    "when the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace" Jimi Hendrix

Thanks for the relies guys. Hopefully I am going to be able to stick with the IUD. Have had it for about 6 months now without any issues so maybe this is just a one off deal.