Thread: When humans encourage/ force animals to mate for food/ dairy/ profit

Default When humans encourage/ force animals to mate for food/ dairy/ profit

Ok, I know this is a weird topic, but I've just seen something on TV and I seriously need some eye bleach. It was on a ridiculous show about 'pedigree pets' and I knew it would make me angry to watch. But there were two people who bred ponies, and they just bought this male and female pony together (sorry don't know the technical terms) and just kind of stood there are watched the two ponies have sex, they were both holding the ponies by a lead round their neck so they had no choice really. OMG! I had to leave the room because it freaked me out so much. How could those people pretty much force the two ponies to mate and just stand there are watch it? And they do it for profit because they will sell the pony they breed. Nobody understood why I was so grossed out by it. It's like when my father was sitting round the table discussing bull sperm and breeding cows that give the best meat. I was asking my family what the point of farm fairs and the 'best bull' competitions and all that, and they said that the best bulls would make the most money as they had the best sperm. And they think we're the weird ones???

Default Re: When humans encourage/ force animals to mate for food/ dairy/ profit

I hear you loud and clear! Whenever the topic of breeding comes up it just makes me livid. And that tv program sounds horrible! How degrading for those poor ponies! My husband's sister's family breeds and sells "pure bred" German shepherds. They bragged that they sold fifteen pups for quite a bit of money each over the last year. I can't imagine having to have that many babies and then having them all taken away from me. But I guess it's just a "dog" so it's ok right? After all animals are on this planet for no other reason but to garner profit, entertainment and luxury for humans (says with tongue in cheek). In the meantime there are millions of unwanted pets being put down and living in cages because they aren't superior pure breeds. And the same people who do this to animals are the ones who are going to claim they eat only organic "humanely" raised and grass fed meat. Or they hunt or eat meat because it's a necessity bla bla. Right.

Default Re: When humans encourage/ force animals to mate for food/ dairy/ profit

The money aspect has always bothered me. But it was just watching those two people watching the ponies have sex, sorry, it was perverted. Weirdoes. People seem very obsessed with animals reproduction and their sperm and their milk. They just cut to the owners watching them, and didn't show the ponies having sex. That's what creeped me out! Like, the TV show allowed the ponies some privacy, but the owners just stood there. How do they not think that's weird? My sister wanted to breed from our dog, and I refused to. I wouldn't want to put her though an unnecessary pregnancy and force her to mate with another dog. With what you've said above, you certainly would 'enjoy' Eternal Treblinka as it puts things like this side by side with slavery and explains how animal domestication came about.

On the subject of bulls; I got this directly from a dairy farmer, btw ...

The entire UK Holsten-Freisian herd (the massively predominant dairy breed in the UK) is sired from only two or three selected bulls at maximum at any given point in time.

Those bulls are linked to what are basicaly perpetual masturbation machines that collect their semen which is then sold on.

The recipient breeding cows are all impregnated by articial semination from there.

(The Bulls are so big that allowing them to mount the cows carries too high a risk of injury to 'product', my farmer contact told me.)

Degree of inbreeding thus incured has caused genetics defects in the herd that has reduced their life expectancy from around twenty years to a maximum, now, of seven.

Farmer chappy got quite emotional when he told me this. I could see he wanted to cry but he settled for getting angry ("we shouldn't have to do this to make a living!") and banging his fist on my coffee table.
    All done in the best possible taste ...

Learned behavior through generations becomes "normal" behavior for those who cant think for themselves? Or maybe its plain greed?

We wouldnt have the religious books if everyone had morals.

I was watching CSI, an episode called 'Bull' where a part of the storyline was bull semen theft and something called an 'electro ejaculator' was being used. I was like WHAT THE FUCK! Sorry but how can grown men masturbate a bull and think that's normal??? It's funny how vegans are looked down on for being weird and seeing animals as equals- they're the ones doing sexual things to animals. No matter the aim, it's still wrong. The beginning of Eternal Treblinka covers a lot of this type of thing, that about how animals don't even have control over their reproduction and sexual activity. Castrating young bulls can take up to a month in some cases, they tie something round the testicles and wait for them to fall off. Even the farmer in the book admitted that it caused the calves pain, and wished he didn't 'have' to do it. Ugh. Don't get me started on the 'have' part.

I saw a horrible contraption made for dogs, that literally immobilises a female dog with a "collar" on a stand, and a similar thing that goes around the lower abdomen, so that she can't walk away or sit down, and the male dog can mount her regardless of her will.

I find the whole argument "but what would happen to all the animals if we stopped using them/" to be completely and utterly inane, because it's like; "well first off, we wouldn't be endlessly facilitating or committing rape and breeding loads of them for one thing".

Makes my blood boil.

Noooooo! That's horrible. It is animal rape. That's why I felt so weird watching those two weirdoes forcing the ponies to mate. I just felt so sorry for the ponies, it was undignified. It's rape, no doubt. And using their sexuality and reproduction for money. Pimps and perverts, the lot of them.