Thread: Registration info

Default Registration info

Hi all,

I just deleted circa 300 new registration (all of them popped up since yesterday), and they were all spambots. THere were only 5 real registration during the same 24 hours.

So - there's a small change in terms of the registration requirements now: you need to register with a user name that contains a space between the initial name and the second name - but the second name can also be just a character or a number. All accounts registered with only one name will be deleted. Sorry for the mess, but that's the best workaround I have right now for the massive amount of spambot registration...
    I will not eat anything that walks, swims, flies, runs, skips, hops or crawls.

Default Re: Registration info

Registration is now re-enabled. There has been problems for all users (including myself) posting messages on this forum for some days, so nothing has been posted for 5 days. I just found that this seems to be caused by a spambot-detecting plugin, which I have now disabled. This may mean that we again will get 2-300 spambots trying to register every day, but at least posting should now work as expected again.

A few people has also contacted me about problems involved in registration - his could also be caused by the faulty (now disabled) plugin so please try to register again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

As some of our potential new members have noticed: I had to disable registrations again. The reason is an overload of computer-automated spammers who try to register circa 4-500 times a day.

Many thank Korn, for always being so helpful.