Thread: Hello all

Default Hello all

I thought I would just say hello after having just joined the forum. I have been vegetarian for years but a vegan only for about a month. Is there a board with recipes? I am wanting to make a caramalised onion tart but can't find a recipe for the pastry. I am no Delia Smith so not looking for anything too complex The only recipes I have found are American and I don't know where to get all the ingredients from. Thank you in advance.

Default Re: Hello all

Hi Michelle, I just use 'Pure' margarine, vitalite also do a dairy free spread both are available from the main supermarkets. If you are feeling lazy JusRol puff pastry is vegan. Have a look in the food and health section for recipes. If I want to make a vegan version of something I usually just google it. There are so many recipes online it really makes life easy.

Thank you So, not to sound really dumb.....I just make as normal but substitute the marj/butter? So does the vegan butter cook exactly the same as the dairy in any recipe?

Yes, they work in just the same way as any other margarine. Soya milk works just like cow's milk as well. So you can make sauces and custard etc easily.

Thank you so much x