Thread: Confused and don't know what to do

Question Confused and don't know what to do

So , I decided veganism was the best lifestyle choice I could make and two months ago I went fully vegan.
    I thought I should be taking a B12 supplement because there was no way my diet (even with fortified soya milk etc..) was making up the RDA and I also have to take Lansoperazole which I have read inhibits uptake (only recently found this out , have been taking for years and doc never mentioned it!) so I went to the health food shop and the lady gave me 1000 microgram sublinguals to take once a day.
    Now I'm worried that it might be too much , but then again I don't know how much my body is actually getting because of the meds I'm on. If it is too much why are there such large dosed tablets?
    Should I go to the docs to find out what my personal RDA is?
    I certainly don't want to increase my chances of getting cancer But I don't want to make myself ill with deficiency either.

Yours confusedly
    Sarah
    XXX

Default Re: Confused and don't know what to do

I think you could ask your doc to do a test - mine did one without my asking after hearing I was vegan (it was "fine" whatever that means!)

Default Re: Confused and don't know what to do

Yes I think I will next time I see her as my illness gives me so many symptoms I would be unlikely to notice any subtle warning signs On the bright side I must still be healthier than when I was eating what you're not meant to