Thread: Greasy Spoon Near Hyde Park

Default Greasy Spoon Near Hyde Park

Ayup ya bunch of southern softies, long time no speak.

A couple of us are heading to a gig at Hyde Park on Friday, staying in a hotel nearby. We will no doubt require a greasy spoons in that area to soak up the previous days festivities. Can anyone recommend anywhere nearby?

Cheers, kids!
    I like football. And potatoes.

Default Re: Greasy Spoon Near Hyde Park

Hello there - do you mean somewhere that's open, like, in the morning?

I can't think of anywhere round there offhand except for Tibits which is hardly a greasy spoon although they do have fried stuff (at lunchtime, never made it there for breakfast). There are a few falafel places that might also hit the spot, not sure how early they open though. There are a couple of places in Camden down that do vegan breakfasts - that's not too hard to get to though not in the right neighbourhood. I guess you've already looked here http://www.veganlondon.co.uk/eat/

Have fun!

Quote Frosty View Post
    Ayup ya bunch of southern softies, long time no speak.

A couple of us are heading to a gig at Hyde Park on Friday, staying in a hotel nearby. We will no doubt require a greasy spoons in that area to soak up the previous days festivities. Can anyone recommend anywhere nearby?

Cheers, kids!
    It's Mayfair, you'll find yourself in Frosty ...

The local greasy spoon is called 'Selfridges'.

If you want to slum it you'll have to wander down the road to Knightsbridge and ask for a place called 'Arrods.

Wish I could be with you, btw.

There's now't funnier than clapping ones mince-pies on a northerners boat-race when it first encounters London prices!

Seriously matey have fun but keep anything valuable hidden and make sure you have a zipped up (padlocked with a retinal scanner, idealy) pocket for your wallet.

I used to live in Mayfair (weekends only) and all the surrounding areas are scammer and pick pocket central.
    All done in the best possible taste ...

Hmm, I haven't been pickpocketed in London since about 1980 but it's true that I have gone around with my bag clamped under my arm ever since.

I suppose Tibits etc are a bit expensive by non-London standards, can't think of anywhere really cheap round there except maybe the falafel places. Or maybe Beatroot in Berwick Street - haven't been there for ages but it used to be fairly cheap.

Cheers for the info, folks. Had a bit of a nose on the Vegan London site and not a great deal in the Hyde Park area for brekkie. VBB will be driving down, so will have to run it past him or see what the parking situation is.

I live in the highly cosmopolitan area of Stafford, so am used to paying a decent amount for food. Inspiral looks nice and £8.50 for a vegan fry-up in London is pretty much what I'd expect to pay. Think the last one I had here was less than a fiver. Might have to get some overtime down t'pit so I can have an extra sausage.

Haha, don't forget to bring your ferrets as well, or is that some other part of the country?

Inspiral is jolly nice, I haven't been there for breakfast but everything I've had from there has been delicious. It doesn't take too long to get up there on public transport; not sure what it would be like trying to park there with the market so nearby though.

Update:

We went to Inspiral on Saturday morning for breakfast. Food was great, the service was poor. The food certainly did the trick once it arrived (an hour after ordering).

The previous evening we got a little lost trying to find a bar and stumbled across an Indian restaurant in W1 and ate there. Did you know that West London is a rather expensive place to eat? The food were rate good though. We also ended up outside Tony Blair's house with a couple of armed guards, but that's a story for another time...

It's good to be home to have a pint of bitter with a good head and to pay less than £5 for it.

Cheers for your help, folks!
    Last edited by Frosty; Jul 6th, 2014 at 03:28 PM.