Thread: Linda McCartneys country pies - UK

Default Linda McCartneys country pies - UK

Are now 2 in a box instead of four with no reduction in price . They are labelled as "deep dish", but gram for gram there is very little difference, 4 deep dish pies would only be 100 grams more than the old box of 4 ordinary pies, so not very deep dish at all. I've fired off a complaint but I'm not hoping for much in the way of explanation. Either way, I think I've purchased my last Linda McCartneys product.
    "when the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace" Jimi Hendrix

Default Re: Linda McCartneys country pies - UK

Had a response already:

"Thank you for your email about our Country Pies.

In response to recent research, we have improved our Country Pie to an increased ‘Deep Dish' size. By doing this we are able satisfy the demand for a heartier eating pie (with increased filling) whilst maintaining the same pastry balance. Consumers told us that they thought this larger pie in a pack of 4 would be at too high in price , so we have launched our Deep Dish pie in a pack of 2 maintain a comparative price position yet still offer value for money due to its increased size. I hope this explains the reason for the change. "

So it seems an extra 100 grams of filling justifies doubling the price...
    "when the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace" Jimi Hendrix