Thread: Blackeyed Bean - ny vegankafe i Oslo

Default Blackeyed Bean - ny vegankafe i Oslo

http://blackeyedbean.no

Har ikke vært der, men utfra nettsiden å dømme virker stedet OK....
    I will not eat anything that walks, swims, flies, runs, skips, hops or crawls.

tails4wagging

Is this a new cafe, Korn and do you have many veggie/vegan restaurants in Oslo?.

In the UK it is harder to be vegan the further up the country you go, for some reason!!. Vegan/veggie restaurants are quite common down south of the UK.

Quote tails4wagging

In the UK it is harder to be vegan the further up the country you go, for some reason!!. Vegan/veggie restaurants are quite common down south of the UK.
    hi there

Well, I guess it depends on where you are up north. I live in Manchester and we are very fortunate to have excellent vegan and veggie restaurants. The latest addition being the Basement, which is a volunteer-run social centre and vegan cafe. The food is cheap and excellent. If you ever find yourself in this part of the woods, do pay it a visit.

I actually had more trouble getting vegan food when I lived in Oxford, there is only one veggie place that is not all that vegan friendly, and some omnivorous restaurants that cater for vegans.

Rochelle

I'm planning on moving to Oslo and I'm looking for something to do there...maybe I can open a vegan cafe! I don't know for sure, but Sweden seem to be a lot more vegan friendly than Norway. There are only a few places where one can go to get 100% vegan food in Oslo as far as I know. Outside the city, forget about it, there's nothing to eat unless you do home cooking. So, I'm happy to see that new places are opening up. Things can change really fast.
    "Animals are my friends... and I don't eat my friends". ~ George Bernhard Shaw.

Geoff

Quote kriz
    Sweden seem to be a lot more vegan friendly than Norway.
    Swedes ARE vegetables aren't they?

my dad was born in oslo i want to learn the language.
    "you dont have to be tall to see the moon" - african proverb

Quote Geoff
    Swedes ARE vegetables aren't they?
    LOL. Geoff - they're just a little shy...

Quote kriz
    I'm planning on moving to Oslo and I'm looking for something to do there...maybe I can open a vegan cafe!
    Do it! Snakker du norsk?

Quote tails4wagging
    Is this a new cafe, Korn and do you have many veggie/vegan restaurants in Oslo?
    There are some veggie places, most of them are run by people in the punk- Hare Krishna or anarchist-movement. A place for people who doesn't feel home in any of these groups with great vegan food would most likely be a great success.

http://www.google.com/search?num=30&...lo&btnG=Search

My father is a 65 year old vegetarian (for health reasons) and he would not feel at home in for example a young punkish anarchist place. It's not him, or a lot of other vegetarians and vegans for that matter.

korn, what exactly IS the language used in Norway?

i would love to go to Norway one day. i have lots of family there that ive never even met. they live in oslo aswell.

is it true that women are treated like crap there? this is what ive been told. that women are to do the dishes and stay at home, and men are to work. the men were very horrible to my mother when she went there. maybe it was just them!

It's just the opposite, foxtina - Scandinavian men are all for equality between the sexes and generally treat women VERY well. And most women work in Norway. Are you single? If you are then, you should definetely consider a Norwegian man. Cleaning, cooking and changing diapers are things they do naturally.

Quote foxytina_69
    korn, what exactly IS the language used in Norway?
    Norsk! (Norwegian!)

is it true that women are treated like crap there? this is what ive been told. that women are to do the dishes and stay at home, and men are to work.
    Compared with most countries I have been in, I think it's more balanced here.
    Norway as a country seem to be very preoccupied with having this progressive, eco-friendly image, helping poor countries, having had a female prime minister for many years, the coming king has married an ex-single mother etc., but I think Norway is like most other Northern European countries. Norway is not as conservative as UK or USA, but there's a long way to go. For example, poor people are treated like crap, whether they're men or woman. I don't think Norway more sexist than any other countries - don't worry... Most of all, I think Norway and Norwegians are - unknown (in other countries). Most foreigners don't know of any well-known Norwegians... or do you?

well my dad was brought up in oslo, norway, and so were his brother and sister, and all of his family is there. but then him, his siblings and his mother and father came to canada. i would love to go there. ive seen amazing pictures and videos of things there, since i was very young. (my father goes there almost every easter holiday) its incredibly beautiful!

Quote Geoff
    I think the king's name is Gustav and that Norway's main exports are bananas, Volvo cars and Nokia phones.
    (I'm VERY well read!)