Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pizza - Papa John's, Pizza Hut, Dominoes etc

mango woman

Default Re: Pizza - Papa John's, Pizza Hut, Dominoes etc

Quote englishvegoboi
    The moral of the story is to not trust anywhere that isn't exclusively vegetarian or vegan. These pizza places don't deserve our trade anyway. Pizza is heaps easy to make!!!!

Yeah, your right. The only pizza i've actually bought since ive been a vegan was an amys pizza.. and well those are JUST TOOOO expensive. I'll have to look into constructing my own. Heaps easy to make eh? Would you like to share a crust recipe, by chance? I think by reading the threads here I have been scared away for good from any mainstream restaurants... as if i wasn't already.

Quote theashleybeyer
    Yeah, your right. The only pizza i've actually bought since ive been a vegan was an amys pizza.. and well those are JUST TOOOO expensive. I'll have to look into constructing my own. Heaps easy to make eh? Would you like to share a crust recipe, by chance? I think by reading the threads here I have been scared away for good from any mainstream restaurants... as if i wasn't already.
    An amy's pizza is cheaper than buying one at any pizza chain!

And crust is my problem. I can't make a good one! Tired about five recipes. I try to buy them premade but I have to remember to get them in Austin cause no where in Killeen has ones without cheese or PHO.

~Mel
    ~Mel

"Sweet songs the youth, the wise, the meaning of all wisdom...to believe in the good in man" - Legend

Quote theashleybeyer
    Aha when I said they are easy to make I meant that they are easy to make if you pre purchase ready- made crusts Perhaps that is cheating somewhat.

Here in Adelaide I am lucky because I can buy vegan spelt pizza crusts and the rest is well, easy. I reckon if you do your research you should be able to buy vegan crusts where you live. Most supermarkets sell them. Perhaps in time you may want to try experimenting with making the crust but I reckon it is best to start simple otherwise pizza will lose its appeal as a quick and easy meal
    Don't blame me for avian flu :(

and now i want pizza.
    ~Mel

"Sweet songs the youth, the wise, the meaning of all wisdom...to believe in the good in man" - Legend

mango woman

Quote englishvegoboi
    Aha when I said they are easy to make I meant that they are easy to make if you pre purchase ready- made crusts Perhaps that is cheating somewhat.

Here in Adelaide I am lucky because I can buy vegan spelt pizza crusts and the rest is well, easy. I reckon if you do your research you should be able to buy vegan crusts where you live. Most supermarkets sell them. Perhaps in time you may want to try experimenting with making the crust but I reckon it is best to start simple otherwise pizza will lose its appeal as a quick and easy meal
    I think I'm going to squeeze my mum's pizza crust recipe out of her later today.. I don't remember ever seeing her put animal products in it.. but we'll see. Otherwise i'm sure the internet will give me a few million recipes. I shall give it a try next time i want pizza and let you guys know if i find a good recipe!

Pizza Dough Recipe:

makes 2 12-inch pizza crusts
    1 Tbs raw sugar
    1 package active dry yeast
    1 cup warm water
    1 1/2 tsp salt
    2 Tbs canola or olive oil
    1 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
    1/2 cup unbleached white flour, plus more for dusting (i think u can use whole- wheat pastry flour if u wanna keep it whole grains)
    Cooking spray or oil

1. in large mixing bowl, dissolve sugar and yeast in warm water. let stand 7 minutes, until creamy
    2.stir in salt, oil and whole-wheat flour. add 1/2 cup unbleacjed flour and mix to achieve a dough that's soft and springy. turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and let rest 5 minutes.
    3. knead 5 minutes, until smooth and elastic. lightly oil a medium bowl, place dough inside, cover with a clean towel and let rise for 45 minutes.
    4. punch dough down and divide in 1/2. at this point, dough may be rolled and made into pizzas or rolled, prebaked, and frozen, or frozen as is
    5. to bake: preheat oven to 450 degrees farenheit. lightly spray/oil 2 12-inch pizza pans or baking sheets
    6. roll each 1/2 into a 12-inch circle and place on prepared pan. bake 5 minutes, or until crust is puffed and lightly browned. top with sauce and selected veggies, etc and bake about 15 minutes.
    Peace Love Surf.

mango woman

awesome!!!!! muchas gracias moochbabe!

PolluxStar

garlic sauce cup , vegan or not?

partially hydrogenated soybean oil salt less than 2% ov soy lecthin beta carolene color natural flavor , artificial flavor?

glad i could help!
    Peace Love Surf.

wow i think michigan is the pizza capitol- little ceasers and dominos are local.

my friend owns a cottage inn franchaise (started in ann arbor, mi) he is the only one i trust with my non-homemade pizza, no butter in the pans!! i have lost my taste for pizza, though. he kinda gets offended when my sister orders a pizza and doesn't follow up her order with a small chesseless with onion, green pepper and broccili.

Quote PolluxStar
    garlic sauce cup , vegan or not?

partially hydrogenated soybean oil salt less than 2% ov soy lecthin beta carolene color natural flavor , artificial flavor?
    Avoid beta carotene. It is usually grown on gelatine.

mango woman

Quote spjessop
    Avoid beta carotene. It is usually grown on gelatine.

i also think that beta carotene can be derived from fish scales (or some other part of the fish)
    Peace Love Surf.

I make my own Pizza at home. I have a bread machine and it came with a recipe for pizza dough that has no animal products in it. I just follow the instructions and let the machine do the work. I then top it with tomato sauce and whatever veggies I have. I really like mushrooms, pineapple and green pepper. I also like to top with a bit of minced garlic for spice and sometime red pepper flakes. If I feel like being "bad", I'll drizzle olive oil over it before baking. Who needs cheese with all that tasty stuff?

Another tasty way to use the dough is to make pocket sandwiches. Divide the dough, make rounds, top with sauce, veggies and seasonings, then fold over, crimp and bake. These work well for packed lunches so that you can avoid the "you are eating pizza without CHEESE?" comments from your co-workers.

Default Pizza

I read on this board before that certain pizza places have vegan pizza. Can I order a pizza from Papa Johns called Garden Fresh, but order it without cheese? Would they make it that way for me?

I dont know if this has been done, but this is for all the Canadians out there!

I emailed pizza delight, because ive always loved their food, to see if all their restaurants had vegan pizzas. I eat at mine, and was told their pizza dough and sauce was vegan, but they werent sure if ALL the shops in Canada were vegan, and told me to check back in, but i kept forgetting, so, i emailed the company. I asked her if their ingredients were vegan, and included a little list, such as, animal derived lards, fish and fowl products and by products, egg, milk and honey ingrediants, etc, and this was her response!

Hello Marie,

Thank you for your email regarding our Pizza Dough and Sauce but more importantly thank you for dining in one of the Pizza Delight Restaurants.

Please note that neither of the Pizza Dough or Pizza Dough Sauce contain any of the ingredients listed in your email. During the Pizza Dough preparation the Pizza Pans used to cook all of our Pizza’s are greased with animal fat free shortening prior to cooking.

I hope this information is what you are looking for. If not please do not hesitate to contact me for additional information related to these products or any of our other menu items.
    "You'd better take care of me lord, otherwise you're gonna have me on your hands" - Hunter S. Thompson

mango woman

i'm saying F papajohns from now on. I ordered from them a few days ago and specifically marked no cheese [i ordered online- there was a special box you pulled down to select no cheese, extra cheese, or somethin else. I obviously picked no cheese. there were veggies too etc.] Anyyyyyway, so to make a long story short something got mixed up and they tried to give me a cheese pizza. I didn't even freakin think to check before the guy left. I swear, sometimes i just don't think. So i called the guy and he was a total dick to me. He was like "well you didn't say no cheese, so it's not our problem." I explained calmly to him that i DID specify no cheese, and that i'd like a cheeseless pizza delivered asap and that they could have this cheese one. He kind of just blew me off and told me to shove it basically, and there was never a pizza delivered. so i paid about twenty bucks for a pizza with fucking cheese on it that ended up getting thrown out.

Yes, i now say FUCK papajohns. I'll take my business elsewhere.