Thread: Emergency sweet treat!

PinkFluffyCloud

Wink Emergency sweet treat!

Sometimes when I feel desperate for something sweet I could almost eat a non-Vegan cake or choccie bar if it was put in front of me. I try not to buy sweet treats anymore because if they are there I gobble them all up, I'm such a piggy! So I found that this is a nice emergency snack for those days when I could kill for a sweet 'treat' -
    Oats
    Crunchy Peanut Butter
    Marg
    Brown Sugar
    Cocoa Powder
    Soya Milk
    (I don't measure them, just put a large blob of marg, twice as big a blob of P.B, chuck in some sugar and oats and Cocoa and Soya Milk til it's like a sticky sort of ball). You heat the ingredients in a pan til they melt then immediately remove from heat and put in fridge til cold and set (eat half on way to fridge! ). Lovely, sickly, easy treat!.

Default My favorite treat

This is my favorite sweet treat, a recipe a got from the Hip Chick's Guide to Macrobiotics, one of my favorite recipe books.

Crisp Rice Treats

• 1 cup brown rice syrup
    • 2/3 cup peanut butter
    • Healthy dash umeboshi vinegar
    • Healthy dash vanilla
    • 3 cups crispy brown rice cereal

Over a medium flame, heat up brown rice syrup, peanut butter, vinegar and vanilla, stirring constantly until the mixture is smooth, thinned out and a little bubbly.

Pour cereal into mixing bowl. Add rice syrup mixture to it and blend well with a wooden spoon.

Pour into oiled pan and flatten with a wet spatula.

Let cool, slice and serve.

When I make this, I use a 9"x9" pan greased with sesame oil. Beginning to end, these take about 15 minutes. and they keep for 4-5 days at least.

I binge eat on sweets a lot. I always try to keep some soy ice cream on hand, a few yummy fig cookies, and sometimes a Tropical Source or Luna bar...but they never last the car ride home usually.

PinkFluffyCloud

Quote Tigerlily
    I binge eat on sweets a lot. I always try to keep some soy ice cream on hand, a few yummy fig cookies, and sometimes a Tropical Source or Luna bar...but they never last the car ride home usually.

Snap!! I can eat 6 in one day if I feel bad enough! Shepherdboy Carob bars (the orange and raisin ones are my 'poison' ) are my worst downfall.

starsky79

I buy the most delicious vegan cookies at my local health food store. They are called "Tom's Vegan Cookies" and they come in a bunch of flavors (oatmeal choc. chip is my fav). If you ever see them you must try them.

Anything made of chocolate!!

Mmmm, I love chocolate.

mmm i bought this very "luxurious" dark chocolate today w/ hazelnuts. its delicious. it was expensive, but very yummy.
    "you dont have to be tall to see the moon" - african proverb

This is my new favorite (although not so quick). These are definitely worth waiting one hour for and I usually already have all the ingredients on hand I found it at RecipeZaar:

Rusty's Chocolate Vegan Brownies #43783
    This is an adaptation on a recipe already on recipezaar.com. It is a really moist and delicious brownie. No one would ever know it was Vegan.
    1 1/2 cups unbleached white flour
    1/2 cup ghiradelli unsweetened cocoa powder
    1 1/2 cups turbinado sugar
    3/4 teaspoon baking powder
    1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
    1 teaspoon sea salt
    1 1/2 cups chocolate soy milk
    1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce (gravenstein)
    1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
    12 servings
    55 minutes 15 mins prep

Quote Michelle
    This is my new favorite (although not so quick). These are definitely worth waiting one hour for
    I hope so! I googled for vegan chocolate brownies last week and found this recipe and I'm making them tommorow. I was going to make a big chocolate cake for Easter, but I thought these would be more practical for the kids, decorated with whizzers chocolate mini eggs
    "He who binds himself to a Joy, Does the winged life destroy;
    He who kisses the Joy as it flies, Lives in Eternity's sunrise"
    William Blake

I always keep some marzipan in the cupboard. Not for baking, strictly for nibbling on