Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bristol Vegan Fayre 2005

Talking Bristol Vegan Fayre 2005

Plans are already afoot for the next Bristol Vegan Fayre, to be held at the L Shed on October 29th 2005. Entrance is free and further information will be posted on this site in early 2005. The show will once again be organised by Yaoh, with sponsorship from Essential, Wild Oats, Health Unlimited, Beanies and also the Vegan Society, who are holding their AGM in Bristol the day after. Our special guests for 2005 will be The Bristol Cancer Help Centre, who are celebrating their 25th year, and Vegfam, who are feeding the hungry without exploiting animals. This is from the Yaoh website. Updates when available.

Will you be going ??

If Yaoh aren't going to produce a Fayre t-shirt, I may well do. Its still 7 months away, but the sooner the word gets out there the better.

If anyone has any ideas for designs, or is willing and able to help design the t-shirt, please do share either here or by pm'ing me. It needs to be as simple as poss, with as few colours as poss, both to keep the printing costs to a minimum, as I may well be paying for them out of my pocket.

Would you be interested in having one, and helping to advertise the fayre, if so pm me with the size required.

Thanks

More info about the fayre on www.yaoh.co.uk and www.veganbristol.makessense.co.uk

do you have company to actually produce the finished shirt, gert?

husband gets band tour shirts produced regularly so may have some companies that are quality and sensibly priced??

Default Ta

Quote cedarblue
    do you have company to actually produce the finished shirt, gert?
    I've had a very good quote from a local company that will supply the shirts as well. Theres no animal bits and bobs involved in the printing, including synthetic inks.

Thanks to all that have volunteered to be models. There will 25 shirts to be seen around the country just from you guys n gals on here.

If anyone else fancies being a mobile ad for the fayre, or anyone that will be, that knows someone else, pm me. Thanks again.

I wish I had bought some art work to BVF 2004 to show you I will try a few ideas and send them to you if I get the chance but time is so short at the moment.
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams

Default Bright ideas anyone ??

Thanks snaffler.

It looks like the shirts will be hemp, supplied by Yaoh and may well be for sale on their website.

Has anyone else got any ideas for deisgns that could be used ? It needs to be simple to both design and print, remembering that probably only one ink colour will be used to keep costs to a minimum.

Default Re: Veganforum meetup @ Bristol Vegan Fayre 2005

The t-shirt count update is that 39 veganforumers wil be happily wearing a BVF 2005 t-shirt some time soon. Thanks again. I'm seeing a man about designs tomorrow and will let you all know more when I do.

I know its not for another 6 months, but who is thinking of coming along to the Bristol Vegan Fayre 2005 ??

!!!!Me!!!!
    Blackadder: Baldrick, have you no idea what irony is?
    Baldrick: Yes, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron.

meeeeee

is there going ot be any picture/graphic/logo on the tee shirt or just text? is there any chance of having a few different colour combinations to choose from?
    please could you stop the noise? i'm trying to get some rest from all the unborn chicken voices in my head.

i was thinking something kind of punk/militant

billet: prince's warf (or whatever)

time: 10:30 hours (or whatever)

playing on the whole 'militant vegan' thing
    please could you stop the noise? i'm trying to get some rest from all the unborn chicken voices in my head.

Quote bulletproof
    is there going ot be any picture/graphic/logo on the tee shirt or just text? is there any chance of having a few different colour combinations to choose from?
    Its needs to be as simple as poss, probably with just the fayre name and date around a big 05 in old superstars tv show text(cos we're all superstars). All ideas considered, pm me. See you at the fayre if not before.

Quote Poison Ivy
    !!!!Me!!!!
    Yah woo!

and can there be text on thee back too? ^_^

Quote bulletproof
    and can there be text on thee back too? ^_^
    I don't see why the design can't be on the back instead of the front, its just that each different design, printing both sides, and adding different colours etc etc is gonna increase the costs. I'll mention it though.

Where Brizzle I want to go def....I loved it last year but had very little pennies and so much to buy looking forward to it. Fingers crossed that all will be well at home with family stuff, i will be their promoting my new website which will soon be up Metalmungbean....

The only thing please dont all wish it to come round quickly not because its no good but I love the summer and want it last as long as possible the WINTER SUCKS I want to move to India for the duration of our next winter.

i'll probably be going although might not be trying to do it in one day this time, last time had to get up at 5am and didn't get home again till 10pm!!! well worth it though
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

Does anyone know what time it starts?? Do I have enough time to get from Sheffield to Bristol (by train) and not miss too much. Definitely not travelling back after the fayre though - so will have to find/book hotel type thingy

I think it starts at 10 am - 5pm any free food is hossed down throats by 10.30 dam gutsy vegans

Hmm, so realistically speaking by the time the train has arrived in Bristol,then go and get booked in at the hotel then made my way to the Fayre it'll be about 1pm, so will miss first three hours - bugger

Try and suss what places are around to stay at before you get here then you can always book ahead via telephone and go later, no rushing around the train station is fairly close to the BVF.....oh no I forgot if a female stays out for just one night its like mission impossible with luggage just kidding I will duck before I get a wap on the nose.

Gerts a more local knowledge guy he may know of places and he knows Tim who runs it pretty well so I am sure those two know of some place in Bristol - local people local knowledge propper Vicky Pollard Bristolians

Yep, will be booking the hotel ahead, been looking at one thats about 1/4 mile from Train Station and the price is reasonable (£45) but it would be nice to check in before and dump my bag (note singular 'BAG' - I travel light - cheeky beggar!! ) before heading off for the fayre.

Quote Poison Ivy
    Hmm, so realistically speaking by the time the train has arrived in Bristol,then go and get booked in at the hotel then made my way to the Fayre it'll be about 1pm, so will miss first three hours - bugger
    PI, there will be folk arriving after 1pm, you won't be the last.

You could always catch the train to Birmingham one day, join those that are coaching it from there to Bristol the next, and then back to Birmingham that night, and train it off to Sheffield the following morning. It'll mean two nights away rather than one perhaps, it could be cheaper, especially if someone can put you up, and will break up your travel to.

Don't think I don't want you to stay in Bristol, just adding another option thats all. If I had a big enough house, you could all stay at mine.....but I don't.

I've never stayed in a Youth Hostel in this country before, but the Bristol Youth Hostel is just 2 minutes from the fayre venue.

Hope that helps someone.

Will there be detail nearer the time of a coach from Brum? - or is it just that everyone from this way usually gets on the same National Express? And how long does it usually take (I don't travel well!)?

Hi BitterSweet! You can contact Birmingham veggies and vegans at the is web site
    http://www.bvv.org.uk/ They organised a coach down last year and it cost £5 to £10 return. I can’t remember how long it took us to get there, an hour of two. 36 of us went in the end. I know that BVV haven’t even thought about organising it yet, we are very busy sorting out among other things, the Heart of England feyer. To be honest we are in need of some volunteers to help with the group. For one thing, I am killing myself to get through the final few weeks of my degree never mind take on extra work with BVV. If you know anyone who would be interested in helping, please let them know about BVV’s web ste. Thanks!

Thanks for your post Trendygirl.

Quote bittersweet
    Will there be detail nearer the time of a coach from Brum? - or is it just that everyone from this way usually gets on the same National Express? And how long does it usually take (I don't travel well!)?
    bittersweet, if it means anything, I booked a return between Bristol and Birmingham for a Saturday on Virgin trains, costing only £16. The journey is only about an hour and a half.

Anyone in South Wales, espsecially Cardiff, it wouldn't cost very much to bus or train it to Bristol for the fayre if you're up for it, would it ??

And to those in London, it is possible to get some coach tickets to travel between London and Bristol for as little as £1 if you book far enough in advance. See www.megabus.com and www.nationalexpress.com (look for funfares).

Hope that helps some of you's.

Just to let you's know that the design for the t-shirts is being mulled over by Yaoh. I would prefer to just have the name of the event and the website, kinda does what it says on the shirt thing.

I've seen the hemp shirts, they are dyed using low impact dying techniques, are soft, stylish and keep their shape and colour well (ok so it says that on the YAOH website but its true). They usually retail for £20, so you will be getting a bargain and a half.

Thanksyou's.

Quote gertvegan
    Anyone in South Wales, espsecially Cardiff, it wouldn't cost very much to bus or train it to Bristol for the fayre if you're up for it, would it ??
    Oh, I'll be there. Assuming I'm not stuck in mid-Wales doing nasty PhD work, of course. How are the t-shirts coming along?

Quote TinyGirl
    How are the t-shirts coming along?
    Yaoh are ok with the idea for the design (can't really call it a design, more words in a certain font and a website), I spoke to them yesterday. I also saw the printer to check that we could get away with one colour ink rather than two, and they think yes, but will do a tester before starting the whole run.

There will be 100 printed initially. Yaoh will keep 50, giving those to sponsors of the fayre and those that they deal with etc etc, and I'll keep 50, of which apart from 4, will be going to veganforumers.

Hopefully I can deliver the shirts by hand to you guys n gals that are in Bristol, and to those that are going to the Cardiff Viva roadshow, or that I'll meet in the next couple of weeks. And I'll post all the others.

I'll try and post the design, as simple as it is, for you's to see. A few have already seen it, and are all in favour of it.

I just need to tell Yaoh how many of what sizes I need and we'll pop down the printers and sort it out. Though they say to allow up to two weeks ???

Oh and they will only be a tenner all in to you's. Thats £8 less than the plain hemp shirts can retail for.

Any questions or concerns, do pm me, and thanks again for your support.

The "Bristol Vegan Fayre" t-shirts are now at the printers and will be done one day next week, in time for me to give them to those going to the Viva Incredible Veggie Roadshow in Cardiff.

I might wait til the Veganforum meetup @ Heart of England Vegan Festival 2005 to hand out quite a number to those that have requested one. If you are cool to wear it on the day, I may post it to you's in advance, unless you just wanna change into it on the day. Let me know.

Anyone in Bristol, I'll dish them out to you, next time I see you.

If you have any questions or queries, pm me please.

Thanks once again for your support, it is very much appreciated.

I picked up half of the 100 Bristol Vegan fayre shirts today, and they're looking mighty good. It ended up that there are a mix of green, blue, and black shirts, rather than just green, and there weren't enough of some sizes, but I'll pm those concerned.

If you've already said that you are cool to wear a shirt, now is the time to swap address details so I can post them to you's. If you haven't said that you would like a shirt, but do, pm me.

The shirts are a hemp cotton mix, very good quality, and are available for ..... wait for it .... £10 from me. They will be available to order online from YAOH but will cost £11.75 plus postage.

Thanks for your support, agains, and maybe see you at the fayre.

Wore my shirt into town this morning and had a few people staring at it - or maybe they were just perving, but either way, it got some attention!

The shirts are really cool, guys - I got one for me and one for a friend (green and blue) but I may avoid seeing her since I wouldn't mind keeping both for myself!

Quote gertvegan
    I picked up half of the 100 Bristol Vegan fayre shirts today, and they're looking mighty good. It ended up that there are a mix of green, blue, and black shirts, rather than just green, and there weren't enough of some sizes, but I'll pm those concerned.

If you've already said that you are cool to wear a shirt, now is the time to swap address details so I can post them to you's. If you haven't said that you would like a shirt, but do, pm me.

The shirts are a hemp cotton mix, very good quality, and are available for ..... wait for it .... £10 from me. They will be available to order online from YAOH but will cost £11.75 plus postage.

Thanks for your support, agains, and maybe see you at the fayre.
    Thanks for bringing the Bristol Vegan Fayre T-shirt to Roadshow on Saturday, it fits perfectly and it's so comfortable. Infact I put it on when I changed out of the Roadshow one and wore it round town. Loads of people looked at it. It's a clever design, really eyecatching and easy to read.
    "He who binds himself to a Joy, Does the winged life destroy;
    He who kisses the Joy as it flies, Lives in Eternity's sunrise"
    William Blake

Kevster

Cheers Gert, got mine in the post today, looks great, i can wear it all the time (save on washing). I bet the girls'll be perving tomorrow.

tails4wagging

Default Re: Veganforum meetup @ Bristol Vegan Fayre 2005?

Just received my T shirt yesterday from Gert,. Wore it yesterday nice colours and length.

Will wear it again on saturday when we do leafletting outside co-op.

tails4wagging

Hey, guys, It beats wearing a sandwich board, doesnt it???

Cheers for mine Gert nice one I will put cheque in post to you this weekend.

Thanks

Jay.

Thankyou GertVegan again for the T-shirt. As promised here is moi sporting my lovely T.....

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Gandhi

Is it just me, or does anyone else find the fabric feels a bit 'scratchy' - I'm going to wash it a few times before wearing it in the hopes that it'll go softer - no fair, I can't wait to wear it too

wow, t looks great on you moomin, cant wait to wear mine - WHEN husband returns from trip away! (and he has taken the P.O. box id card with him so i cant collect it yet.)
    grrrrr

Kevster

Scratchy eh? I'm wearing mine straight out of the parcel, i'm definitely a hemp/cotton convert now. But that really is it, no more vegan/animally t-shirts. Actually no more t-shirts at all. Not until holes start appearing.

Quote moomin
    Thankyou GertVegan again for the T-shirt.
    Looking greeeat moomin, and the t-shirt isn't bad either. Thanks for posting the pic.

I quite like the material. It feels more natural and airey....
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Gandhi

wow gorgeous photo Moomin i received my t-shirt today too, perfect fit i'm gonna wear it on the Animal Aid sponsored walk i think

i was already used to hemp clothes as there are shops in Brighton that sell them and i have a few, so i don't find the material scratchy, just takes a bit of getting used to i suppose
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

Quote Poison Ivy
    Is it just me, or does anyone else find the fabric feels a bit 'scratchy' - I'm going to wash it a few times before wearing it in the hopes that it'll go softer - no fair, I can't wait to wear it too
    Hay and you called me a Southern softy LOL

got my shirt this morning so will be impressing the good citizens of bedford with it anon. unfortunately i don't look as hot in mine as the young lady above but there ya go. i've never had a hemp item before and it seems pretty nice material, i like it.

Quote moomin
    I quite like the material. It feels more natural and airey....
    I love the Tee, just find the material a tad itchy.....

Quote snaffler
    Hay and you called me a Southern softy LOL
    Is it my fault I have delicate skin??!!

Kevster

Tofu, have you bought one of those wristbands?

Quote Kevster
    Tofu, have you bought one of those wristbands?
    Eh? No. I'm 41 - I'd probably look like a twat wearing one. Why?

Kevster

Just looking at your avatar