Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bristol Vegan Fayre 2005

Default Re: Veganforum meetup @ Bristol Vegan Fayre 2005?

Got my tshirt yesterday and will be wearing it to take my dearest son shopping this morning as he is going back home today and his fridge is empty He may not walk with me however as I am on the wrong side of 30, and don't look like Moomin but then again he is used to his 'different' mother!

I agree, it feels a bit strange, but I haven't worn hemp before either. But it's a very good design and as tails said it's better than a sandwich board

Thanks Gert

I'd definately be up for going to the fayre, I'm not too far away from Bristol and I should be able to get the train up. It'll be interesting to pick up all the advice and so on, I think it will still be needed in 5 months!

I got peckish over the weekend and ate my T-shirt Oh dear not as nice as hemp burgers a good idea though edible t-shirts they will go with my edible pants
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams

Another big thanks to all you's that have sooooo kindly agreed to proudly wear a Bristol Vegan Fayre shirt, helping to get the vegan word out there at the same time. You, like the shirts, are ace.

I received a couple more cheques today, you know who you are, and will be popping several more shirts in the post later.

If you haven't said that you would like a shirt yet, see HERE, but do, just pm me, and we're laughing.

Oh and remember where you saw that moomin pic first.

Less than 150 days to go. Its only 149 but who's counting.

Hehe Moomin, you look like a friend of mine's wife!

Got my T shirt the other day, top work Gert lad, I might even wear it if you're lucky
    I bet Yoda was a vegan

Default Re: Veganforum meetup @ Bristol Vegan Fayre October 2005?

Recognise anyone familiar on the Yaoh homepage ??

Hehe yay!
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Gandhi

Quote moomin
    Hehe yay!
    Wow, you're famous!

I got the T-shirt Saturday - it's cool - I wear it all the time!!! Vegan fayres are fantastic - it was my first one on Saturday but it wont be my last thats for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! London next and then Bristol fayre!

Like last year, there will probably be a coach arranged to bring fayre go'ers to the Bristol Vegan Fayre 2005 from Birmingham, and poss other areas I'm not aware of. Theres no reason why it couldn't be arranged from other places to I guess.

Anyone in Swansea, Cardiff, Newport, Taunton, Exeter, Southampton, Reading, Swindon, Oxford, London, Gloucester, and surrounding areas or further afield fancy looking into it.

I reckon you would get a fair bit of interest from local veggie and vegan groups and contacts.

See you all there.

Im hoping to go, but Im in London Friday night and Im going to try and pop in en route home to the Midlands.

Question Re: Veganforum meetup @ Bristol Vegan Fayre October 2005?

hey

i'm new to all this and I was just wondering what exactly will be going on at the bristol vegan fayre? I'd really like to go but I think it would be fun to go with someone, are there any vegans from the merseyside or manchester area who are planning on going?
    xx

Quote hippygal23
    hey

i'm new to all this and I was just wondering what exactly will be going on at the bristol vegan fayre? I'd really like to go but I think it would be fun to go with someone, are there any vegans from the merseyside or manchester area who are planning on going?
    xx
    Hello's hippygal, check out here for a little more info on the fayre. It'll be updated with more info as and when. The fayre will be the biggest of the year, you'll see. Miss it, miss out.

Contact scouseveg or manveg for others heading this way.

See you there.

We've another model in the Bristol Vegan Fayre shirt, this time its fruitbat, see here.

If anyone else would like a hemp shirt with vegan proudly on the front, helping to advertise the fayre, and at a fraction of the normal cost, please feel free to pm me.

97 days and counting.

Kevster

Yeah, fair enough mate, but what about the blokes?

Default Re: meeting up

Hi all,
    Just to add to the excitment about the Bristol Fayre we can announce the first Vegan shoulder press contest (maybe the first actual vegan strength contest?). It will be held at the Bristol Vegan Fayre (in my opinion just about the best vegan event in the world!).
    Full details are available at http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/2005shoulderpress.htm
    The idea is to have a fun event, rather than a serious thing, so the weights are only 8Kg for the ladies & 15K for the men, so just about anyone who fancies a go could get some reps.
    If you can make it Bristol (UK) at the end of October you could be walking away with a trophy & almost certainly some free goodies (we're aiming at everyone who enters getting a bag of treats, hopefully) & you're sure to have a fun day at the fayre as it's fab!
    Any queries don't hesitate to ask.
    http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/

That looks good Pete and some prizes to, best try it with free weights though - I am doing my current exercise routine with a machine with both hands and that's around 35KG on a good day 2 sets of 1 set of 12.

Default From www.bvv.org.uk

Birmingham Vegetarians & Vegans - Bristol Vegan Fayre Coach Trip

People who went to last year's Bristol Vegan Fayre came back with glowing reports on this excellent annual event. Expect loads of stalls selling food, clothes, shoes, gifts, cosmetics etc etc, so start saving. Most of the major campaigning groups will also be represented. We are planning to hire a coach, depending on numbers, so PLEASE contact us ASAP to express your interest.

So moomin appears on the Yaoh and Vegan Bristol websites, and now she also appears in the 3rd Realfood newsletter.

Thanks for wearing the T moomin. If anyone else would like a shirt, send a pm my way.

Bristol Vegan Fayre is on the lookout for a band, a kids entertainment team, and another 1/2 hour 'show' of some sort to do on the day.

Do you know anyone who fits the bill, helping to make the fayre even better than its already going to be, whilst making themselves known to a whole new audience ??

Any ideas very welcome, post em here, or pm me.

One of the guys from the Jim Rose Circus is vegan, as are 3 of the Circus of horrors crew, but I guess smashing glass in your face and driving nails through your own nose with a 4lb club hammer is not really kids entertainment .

Their are two amazing jugglers / comedians / entertainers called

Haggis & Charlie they are amazing I always used to watch and meet up with them going back a few years when I used to go to all the Juggling conventions and shows through the summer in the UK.

The used to have a web site but I can't seem to find it, I have just emailed a mate who knows Charlie to see if he knows how he can be tracked down.

I am pretty sure they were both vegans as well, but don't quote me on that.

Quote snaffler
    Their are two amazing jugglers / comedians / entertainers called Haggis & Charlie they are amazing I always used to watch and meet up with them going back a few years when I used to go to all the Juggling conventions and shows through the summer in the UK.

The used to have a web site but I can't seem to find it, I have just emailed a mate who knows Charlie to see if he knows how he can be tracked down.

I am pretty sure they were both vegans as well, but don't quote me on that.
    Cheers snaff.

Default Press release.

BRISTOL VEGAN FAYRE

SATURDAY 29 OCTOBER 2005

10AM - 6PM AT THE L SHED

PRINCES WHARF WAPPING ROAD BRISTOL

The 3rd Bristol Vegan Fayre will be held at the L Shed Bristol at the end of October. Entrance is once again FREE to the public.

Last years show saw OVER 5000 people attend, and this year is shaping up to be even bigger. Over 100 stalls, 30 speakers and entertainers and a huge amount of FREE FOOD, covering every aspect of the vegan lifestyle.

Special guests are The Vegan Society, who are holding their AGM in Bristol the next day, The Bristol Cancer Help Centre (celebrating their 25th anniversary) and VEGFAM (who really are trying to Make Poverty History).

Bristol firm Yaoh is once again organising the event, with assistance form a number of local and national traders, including Essential, Wild Oats, Plamil, Redwood, Beanies, Health Unlimited and Earthbound.

Stalls include vegan food, clothing, bodycare, footwear, ethical and green organisations, campaigners, information, and of course several vegan caterers, including vegan BURGERS and DONER KEBABS, Juice bars, Indian food, snackbars, salads, ice cream, cakes, sweets, chocolates and coffee stalls - all of them vegan.

And many of them will be running SPECIAL PROMOTIONS and DISCOUNTS on the day, making the Bristol Vegan Fayre an unmissable day out for all those who are vegan, veggie, or going that way - or those who are simply curious about the whole caboodle

Talks include 'Vegan Sports Nutrition' by Gareth Zeal (recently nutritional advisor to Manchester City FC), Kerry McCarthy (Vegan MP for Bristol East - TBC), Dr Stephen Walsh (from the Vegan Society) and Robbie Hazeley the vegan bodybuilder.

Entertainment includes a vegan fashion show, Rubber Ritchie the contortionist, a strongman's competition and a vegan custard pie fight. There will also be a kids area and kids entertainment.

There is a huge rise in interest in the vegan lifestyle right now, especially with Dr Gillian McKeith on channel 4 and of course the influence of Jamie Oliver. The Bristol Vegan Fayre places an emphasis on entertainment and education and everyone is welcome - meat eaters included.

'This isn't about issues' says Tim Barford from Yaoh, the organisers. 'It's about having fun, having a good day out, meeting up with people, and perhaps picking up some new ideas. It's Bristol - we do parties, not issues'. And after the Fayre, there will be a celebration dinner at the Rajpoot, Clifton, from 8pm - 1am, including the Vegan Society's 2005 awards ceremony.

This is the 3rd year running that Yaoh has organised the Bristol Vegan Fayre. Yaoh also publishes 'A Vegan Guide To Bristol', an 80 page colour free guide to the area for all things vegan, and has recently been awarded Gold Star rating by the World Wildlife Fund for its environmental criteria.

For further details about the fayre please contact Yaoh on 0117 9239053 or by e-mail info@yaoh.co.uk

Default Re: Press release.

And on top of all that DOGS' KITCHEN, VEGAN GOURMET DOG BISCUITS has got a stall too!!!
    please grant me the senility to forget about people I never liked anyway

Hoooooray!!!! It is festival time for vegans!!
    Life is like a boomerang: What goes around comes around - "Karma"rocks!

Quote gertvegan
    So moomin appears on the Yaoh and Vegan Bristol websites, and now she also appears in the 3rd Realfood newsletter.

Thanks for wearing the T moomin. If anyone else would like a shirt, send a pm my way.
    And now you're in The Vegan magazine as well. Where next ??

This fayre sounds good. I didn't even know there was one of these in Bristol!! Stumbled on this site the other day in my search for Boxing Gloves and was kindly helped out by Gertvegan, who also mentioned the fayre. I was sold at the first mention of food. Heh heh.

Gertvegan - I don't know if you're one of the organisers, but if you, or someone you know of, wanted to send a bundle of fliers for me to put in our health food shop or something then message me. I'm sure they wouldn't mind. Maybe there's a few peeps in Taunton who would be up for coming but don't know about it.

Quote catmogg in the Aromafoods expansion ( UK ) thread
    Who's going to this bristol fare, it sounded great in the vegan mag, really good entertainment. Infact, dare i say it, it sounded better than the London one. I'm really tempted but i'd rather not go alone??

Thanks, gert, nice move... So, is anyone from near me going and can i tag along and is there anyone kind enough to squeeze me in at their place? I'm house trained and everything....
    My turn of mind is so given to taking things in the absurd point of view that it breaks out in spite of me every now and then.

- Byron

Quote catmogg
    I'm house trained and everything....
    ....unless there's fudge in the house

Seriously though, I would WILLINGLY have paired up with you as I was gonna go on my lonesome too, unfortunately I'm down to work that day and I can't book it off either

Maybe next year if you fancy??
    Blackadder: Baldrick, have you no idea what irony is?
    Baldrick: Yes, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron.

Quote Poison Ivy
    ....unless there's fudge in the house

Seriously though, I would WILLINGLY have paired up with you as I was gonna go on my lonesome too, unfortunately I'm down to work that day and I can't book it off either

Maybe next year if you fancy??
    Errrr Dam it I thought you were coming down.....work you can't beat it, but you would love to sometimes with a big stick. Mind it's a fair old hike from your land more than 3 days away Mr Baggins, on foot, a long way for us Hobbits.
    Sorry ignore me.

At the moment with Dad being in and out of Hospital like a yo yo and having various treatments I will not know If I am going until 2 days before.

Default Re: Press release.

Quote Billy
    And on top of all that DOGS' KITCHEN, VEGAN GOURMET DOG BISCUITS has got a stall too!!!
    See you there Billy.

I wish I could come =(

Quote Tom
    Gertvegan - I don't know if you're one of the organisers, but if you, or someone you know of, wanted to send a bundle of fliers for me to put in our health food shop or something then message me. I'm sure they wouldn't mind. Maybe there's a few peeps in Taunton who would be up for coming but don't know about it.
    I'm not one of the organisers Tom, I'm just helping to get the Vegan Guide to Bristol, the fayre flyers, posters, and programmes out there.

It'll be a great help if you could get a poster and some flyers in your local libraries, community centres, health food shops, schools and colleges etc. Much appreciated Tom. The same applies to anyone else, just send a pm my way.

Ok I'm definately coming and I should be able to squeeze some (2-3) well trained vegans into my room if people wanna stay over the night before and the saturday night.

I live in Bradley Stoke, which is in Bristol and like a 25-30 min bus journey away from the venue. Optionally, I can usually ride there in 30 on my bike so if you guys wanna bike down, I have plently of space in me garage.. PM if you're interested.

Also, I want me one of they tshirts! Do I have to get it off of the Yaoh site, or can I get it from you any cheaper gertvegan? Am all excited now

I am planning to stay at the shekin ashram the day before and I will catch up with you guys on the day of the fayre. It is not far from the venue.
    Life is like a boomerang: What goes around comes around - "Karma"rocks!

Quote Dan_B
    I want me one of they tshirts! Do I have to get it off of the Yaoh site, or can I get it from you any cheaper gertvegan? Am all excited now
    I still have a few, depending on what size or colour you want. Pm me Dan and I'll bring it next week.

Two months to go.

More info about the fayre on www.yaoh.co.uk and www.veganbristol.makessense.co.uk

See you's there.

After the Fayre, there will be a vegan celebration gourmet buffet dinner and licensed bar at the Rajpoot, Clifton, from 8pm - 1am, including the Vegan Society's 2005 awards ceremony, belly dancers, and Djs keeping you entertained.

The dinner is open to everyone, and everyone is welcome to bring friends too. It would be real nice if the place was rammed out and busy, with a real vibe. Many of the leading lights in vegan circles will be there.

Tickets cost £23.50 and should be available online from the Yaoh tomorrow, 1 september, and by mailorder for cash, cheque etc

Hopefully as many people as possible will make a night of it.

One of the highlights of the show is definitely the stage area, which this year will be featuring a vegan FASHION SHOW as well as a SHOULDERPRESS COMPETITION, featuring the Vegan Bodybuilders www.veganbodybuilding.org as well as live bands and a DJ, plus a variety of short talks and demos.

This year’s Talks room has been expanded to seat up to 70 people in a sectioned – off area of the show. Mike Abrahams from Wild Oats will be hosting the talks, which include Kerry McCarthy, vegan MP for Bristol East, Dr Stephen Walsh from the Vegan Society, and vegan sports nutrition expert Gareth Zeal.

See the line up here.

Kevster

So is anyone thinking of going to Rajpoot after the Bristol vegan fayre? Or any place else??

Quote gertvegan
    and vegan sports nutrition expert Gareth Zeal.
    I would fully reccommend this to anyone who does any keep fit or sport of any kind we went to Gareths talk in 2004 it was brilliant, you got a go just to meet his dog hes cool

Quote Kevster
    So is anyone thinking of going to Rajpoot after the Bristol vegan fayre? Or any place else??
    I reckon I'll be going to the Rajpoot. Never been there before. Will be a great way to end what's looking like a top day.

Quote Kevster
    Yeah I'll be there.

Enjoyed the London Vegan Festivaland fancy another, or maybe you couldn't get there, well the Bristol Vegan Fayre 2005 is now only 33 days away.

For more info, check out the Yaoh and Vegan Bristol websites.

I wanna go. Not sure if I'll be able to though...

Quote spjessop
    I wanna go. Not sure if I'll be able to though...
    Megabus tickets between London and Bristol are available from £1, but won't last long.

For more Bristol Vegan Fayre 2005 info, check out the Yaoh and Vegan Bristol websites.

Wow. Just had a look at their website. How do they make enough profit to stay in business? Have you used them before?

It's work related issues that I have to sort out, but thanks for the link.

Caterers

Last year we all seemed to run out of food early on in the day, so this year sees several caterers at the show, including VEGGIES veggie burger stall and the vegan DONER KEBAB outfit (handily placed down by the bar and the stage), ZEDZ foods ( vegan cakes and savouries), TIFFINS (savoury Indian snacks), AROMAFOODS (savoury snacks), BIG BANANA (juices and smoothies), CLIFTON COFFEE (fresh gourmet coffee) and SHAMBHU’S KITHCHEN, serving hot Indian meals and salads all day. So if you ever thought vegan food might be a bit dull.

More info available on the Yaoh and Vegan Bristol sites.

31 days to go.