-a little popcorn w/ v. butter, nut. yeast and hotsauce
    -maybe some more chips
    -noel nog
    -soy yogurt w/ bio k
    "you dont have to be tall to see the moon" - african proverb

Default Re: What did you eat today?

Today:

2 cups of coffee with Silk creamer.

1 bowl of Maple Nut Oatmeal made with Vanilla Soy Milk and sprinkled with 1 Tablespoon of Hemp Seed Nut.

2 Home-made burrito-ish type things: 2 wholewheat tortillas, guacamole, tofutti sour cream and the following fried in a non stick pan and rolled up in the tortilla - organic orange pepper, red onion, pineapple, organic mushroom pieces, Yves veggie roast beef.

30g Onion Pakoda (spicy indian chip type things).

1 cup of Guava Juice.

1 Cup of Organic Earl Grey Tea with soy milk.

2 Wildberry Buckwheat Waffles with Raspberry & Champagne Jam.

4 Oatmeal Cookies.

Yesterday I ate:

Muesli with rice milk, nectarine and grapefruit juice

Leftover Egyptian Kosheri, banana

Evening I was out at a pub with some people from work; they
    asked me where would be a good place to go before they decided
    which was really good of them. I had vegetable fajitas with salad
    and salsa and there was loads of it!

Pygmygoat - where did you get the vegan croissants or did you make them yourself?

You know, some peoples comments about our diets have started to make me think twice about posting on here because I DON'T eat lots of snacks/sweets! It's as though people think I'm lying about what I eat or trying to feel smug.

I don't. It's just that I don't have a sweet tooth at all, so even before being
    vegan I never really ate sweets or cakes. I also always tried to get a lot of fruit and veg and didn't snack between meals. I've always been a 3 meals a day but all home cooked and lots of it sort of person, and just because I've become vegan I don't see any reason to change that.

There are sometimes days when my diet is less healthy and I'll eat chips and get no fruit and veg, but they don't come up often. When they do I'll post about them and not feel bad.

I post even though my diet is not that good, but I guess this is a post for what vegans eat, and not all vegans are health freaks. I suppose some people go vegan for health, but I really went vegan for the animals.

I don't have much of a sweet tooth, I usually go for salty things. I've had to cut down on crisps because my salt intake is way too high, 6g a day, I probably get 20g!

Today:

Grapes

2 Carrots and Hummus

Gluten Free Seeded Roll with Portabella Mushroom, Spinach and Mayonnaise

1/4 Vegan Macaroon Recipe From Vegan Feasts (in the photo they don't look too good, they kinda spread out, but they tasted ok.)

3 carrots and hummus

Brown rice, mushrooms, soya chunks, nori flakes, soya sauce and queineo.

Gluten free seeded roll, spinach, hummus and nori flakes

Half a homemade peanut butter oatie flapjack Recipe from vegan feasts (omg I ended up eating sugar and salt, i'm meant to be cutting down!)
    Last edited by purple.cow; Oct 6th, 2006 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Food Added x2

Quote purple.cow View Post

I don't have much of a sweet tooth, I usually go for salty things. I've had to cut down on crisps because my salt intake is way too high, 6g a day, I probably get 20g!
    i swear im a salt addict! i think thats why i eat high starch carbs (bread, pasta etc) so i can put lots of EB, nut. yeast, and salt on it!

to clarify - I am not saying that people shouldnt post what they eat - I was just pointing out that people have been feeling guilty lately and a general trend has been people eating less and less -- i was not pointing out anyone in particular just a general trend in a decrease in food and an increase in guilt which is never a good sign. im not saying that everyone needs to eat chocolate or sweets everyday! just an observation
    "An outside enemy exists only if there is anger inside."
    - Lama Zopa Rinpoche

I understand what you meant Wishin

Today I got vegan sandwiches from Boots of all places, they were wholemeal bread, homous, red pepper, cucumber, tomato and sunflower and alfalfa sprouts. They were delicious and it's great to be able to buy ready made sandwiches for a change.

I tried making them myself and they were lovely, only thing is I don't know where to get sunflower and alfalfa sprouts.

prilly-pie

b - 2 apples and a mini melon
    snack - 2 baby oranges
    l - 2 poppadoms with chickpea soup
    snack - apple
    t - bowl of cabbage, drenched in gravy, 1 poppadom, 3 baby oranges.

*yummy*

Pantha

Smile Re: What did you eat today?

Bit of fruit for breakfast, a chilli wrap for lunch and fishless fishcakes, jacket potatoe and baked beans for my tea.

Quote purple.cow View Post

Gluten Free Seeded Roll with Portabella Mushroom, Spinach and Mayonnaise
    mmmmmmm, I'm so jealous of that fresh spinach! I still can't find any in stores here, and that's only making me want it that much more.

breakfast: kashi golean w/ ground flax & almond milk

snack: banana

lunch: leftovers - baked spaghetti w/ tofu ricotta, roasted cauliflower w/ lemon-tahini sauce, and a big helping of cold apple crisp

snack: apple w/ peanut butter

dinner: amy's indian samosa wrap, curried lentils & sweet potatoes

Quote Wishin986 View Post
    i swear im a salt addict! i think thats why i eat high starch carbs (bread, pasta etc) so i can put lots of EB, nut. yeast, and salt on it!

I think I am, usually I have loads of salted crisps everyday, today I've had none and I'm really crabby without them. lol

bfast: oatmeal, banana
    lunch: small garden salad w/ vinegar and oil; plain bagel w/ white chocolate wonderful natural pb
    snack: peanut butter crisp bar (envirokidz brand)
    snack: another bar, apple
    dinner: probably a huge salad w/ lots of veggies and some beans
    snack: not sure....something sweet!

i never meant that i think people lie about they post. that was never an idea that even occured to me, nor did i think anyone was "smug" about it. im happy for those who eat healthy, and i never said everybody should eat treats (wether they be salty treats or sweet treats) i was simply trying to comfort those that do eat them and feel bad about it because they shouldnt. my point was that we dont need to eat very healthy every day and that its okay to eat treats, IF you want to, and to not be embarassed to post them. its normal human behaviour. if you dont eat treats, well than you werent the type of person i was trying to target in the first place.

Breakfast: Oatmeal
    snack: Celery
    Lunch: HUGE salad with cabbage, carrots, and tomatoes, and a Nectar Cliff bar...I'm addicted to them, they're great!
    snack: Apple
    Dinner: 2 plates of nachos-tortilla chips, refried beans, tomatos, and salsa

Quote wmenke View Post
    Nectar Cliff bar...I'm addicted to them, they're great!
    they are really good! though my favs. at the moment have to be Lara Bars (banana nut and cherry pie) annd Luna bars are a new favorite - especially w. some soynut butter spread on -- amazing
    - Lama Zopa Rinpoche

Breakfast:
    -1 slice of whole grain oat bread with fat free refried beans on it
    -Small apple

Lunch:
    -Lemon garlic tofu and couscous
    -Raw broccoli and baby carrots

Snack:
    -1 slice of oat bread with 1 T natural PB and 1/2 a banana on it
    -Bunch of onion and garlic soy crisps

Dinner:
    -A baked sweet potato with salsa
    -Spicy veggie chick'n patty with ketchup
    -Romaine lettuce
    Dessert: tiny piece of dark chocolate

Later: Watermelon

Quote veggiegirl3 View Post
    Breakfast:

-Bunch of onion and garlic soy crisps
    i just tried these for the first time the other night - they were pretty good! i also had them w. some soynut butter - weird combinations of flavors ha
    - Lama Zopa Rinpoche

i just tried these for the first time the other night - they were pretty good! i also had them w. some soynut butter - weird combinations of flavors ha
    You sure love that soynut butter eh wishin? lol, i'll have to find me some, it must be something worth trying!? Is it better for you then other nut butters, i only really eat almond butter as peanut butter doesn't really agree with me that well, i do love it though

Today:

2 slices of Wholewheat Toast with Earthbalance and Raspberry & Champagne Jam.

12 Pieces of Veggie Sushi AND PROUD OF IT!!

2 Cups of Green Tea

1 Veggie Dog - Sausage Bun, Yves Veggie Dog, Slice of Tofutti Mozarella, Relish and Ketchup.

About to have a cup of Organic Earl Grey tea and a couple of Oatmeal Cookies.

lol roxy.

today:

lunch:
    -big bowl of brown rice w/ v. butter and soy sauce
    dinner:
    -veggie burrito
    -tater tots
    -orange pop
    snack:
    -chips

ugh i ate too much crap today.

Quote claireyveg View Post
    You sure love that soynut butter eh wishin? lol, i'll have to find me some, it must be something worth trying!? Is it better for you then other nut butters, i only really eat almond butter as peanut butter doesn't really agree with me that well, i do love it though
    haha yes, yes I do! well I went to a holistic health nutritionist and they said that all other nuts except for soynuts and sunflower seeds weren't good for me soo I switched over. Plus my best friend is allergic to peanuts so a few years ago she got really into soynut butter. Now I absolutely love it and PB tastes too creamy and weird for me! I defintaely recommend it. Theres no real difference nutritionally I dont think, 20 fewer calories, maybe a little more protein.
    - Lama Zopa Rinpoche

Okay so people on here really don't eat much at all! Maybe I shouldn't talk, but I feel like it gives people a skewed idea of what normal is. I know as vegans a lot of people are really health conscious and thats great but it is okay to eat something that isn't as 'healthy'. its also okay to eat more than a lot of you do! I would hate for people to not be posting here because they think they eat too much when in reality they probably eat a better amount. I also think you all should not be worried about feeling embarassed when you eat something that isnt necessarily as 'healthy' as some other choices. everything in moderation is okay!

wmenke - you definately did not overeat yesterday! especially when you ran 3 miles. you shouldnt be so hard on yourself and everything you did eat was healthy. (dont mean to call you out - I just saw that you felt bad and I wanted to let you know you definately shouldnt feel bad )

Just a thought - don't mean to offend anyone - this is suppose to be a positive post just saying that its okay for people to eat a bit more! I know CC was upset about the amt of food people ate on this thread and so she started the proud to eat healthy thread but it has since become a dormant thread. though it was a good reference as far as what a normal amt of food is - maybe people could check it out
    Can't we revive the thread?
    If you think you ate healthy, post it there. If you not sure or not interested, or don't see why you should (or whatever) post it here?
    See my local diary ... http://herbwormwood.blogspot.com/

Banana

Gluten Free Porridge, made with Gluten Free Porridge Oats, Soya Milk, Maple Syrup, Omega Mix (linseeds, sunflower seeds etc (had to take out the pumpkin seeds as I'm allergic ))

2 carrots and hummus

Pear

Grapes

Chilli Non Carne Recipe from Viva! (brown rice, quinea, soya mince, spices, onion, mushrooms, peas, tomato, red kidney beans, peanut butter) I don't understand how I can have ready made chopped tomatos but not eat whole ones. Hm...

I'm trying not to eat anything I'm allergic to for now, as I don't think my body can cope with it, so yeah, no more gluten. lol

Oops I think I'm allergic to chilli, god my food is going to be SO tastless.

Gluten free oats? Are they common (like did you find them at the supermarket or only in a speciality shop/online)?
    Peace, love, and happiness.

Quote Tigerlily View Post
    Gluten free oats? Are they common (like did you find them at the supermarket or only in a speciality shop/online)?

I've only ever seen them in ASDA Wal*Mart and GNC here...I'm not sure if there common or not, expensive though £2.00 for a small box.

http://www.glutenfree-foods.co.uk/pr...il.php?prod=71

Cool!

coffee + soya milk
    soya yogurt, oats, pear + toasted walnuts

salad (radicchio, tomatoes, cucumber, red pepper, celery, olives)
    sunflower seed bread + butternut squash spread
    2 figs

coffee + soya milk
    fruit salad (apple, nectarine, grapes, melon)

polenta with herbs
    ratatouille made of aubergine, courgettes, tomatoes, peppers + herbs
    2 pieces of very dark (99%) chocolate
    First it was necessary to civilize man in relation to man.
    Now it is necessary to civilize man in relation to nature and the animals.
    Victor Hugo

Today was pretty rushed until dinner:

Breakfast:
    -0atmeal topped with nonfat soymilk
    -Apple

"Lunch:"
    -about 3/4 c fatfree refried beans
    -An apple

Snack: Newman's high-protein pretzels

Dinner:
    -Bowl of whole wheat penne topped with organic marinara sauce with TVP cooked in it
    -Big salad of: romaine lettuce, mushrooms, cucumber, red pepper, broccoli, cauliflower, and a few baby carrots
    Dessert: -A few chunks of watermelon

Later:
    -Popcorn with EB, snack of champions
    ETA: 4 mejool dates as well- I'm hooked now, thanks to you, Sticky Date!!

B: cereal (organic wheat free form of trix (forget what its called) w. spelt flakes and ff. soymilk

S: 1-1.5 tbsp of soynut butter w. a lil bit of the fruity cereal mixed in

L: a scoop of oriental salad (celery, onions, mushroom, lettuce) and tofu (in soy sauce), little bit of broccoli w. soy sauce. roll. some big "steak" fries w. ketchup.
    - random mix - thats the dining hall for you!

S: oatmeal chocolate PB no bake cookies! yummm (not sure how many I had - but they were soo good! god i missed these from last semester when i was home )

D: going out to dinner w. my dad and sister because they are flying in for parents weekend!! they wont get in till 8 though so we'll eat late. possibly a japense restaurant - which would mean lots of veggies and miso soup.

EDIT:

Dinner ended up being: some soup
    small salad w. ginger dressing
    the biggest mound of veggies ive ever had in my life!! they made so much they had to go onto another plate - but I didnt even finish one plate but man it was soo much!
    Dessert: - banana w. some syrup on it or something

never been so full! i love veggies though bc they digest quickly at least
    - Lama Zopa Rinpoche

Have been shopping finally, so today's food was quite yummy.

-3 oranges
    -Veggie stirfry
    -Half of my friend's fruit leather
    -Lightlife Gimmie Lean sausage & scrambled tofu with ketchup (was craving breakfast for dinner )
    -Chocolate peppermint Luna bar
    -Nuts Over Chocolate Luna bar
    -2 red delicious apples
    -Half a graham cracker with apple butter, other half with natural peanut butter, a little vanilla rice milk & a few chocolate chips

breakfast: kashi golean w/ ground flax & almond milk

lunch: salad (mixed lettuce, grape tomatoes, red onion, guacamole, balsamic vinaigrette), leftover baked spaghetti & roasted cauliflower w/ lemon-tahini sauce, and the last big helping of cold apple crisp. i ate soooo much

snack: banana w/ peanut butter, plantain chips

dinner: amy's indian samosa wrap, baked sweet potato w/ earth balance

later: i'm going to need coffee, w/ hazelnut silk creamer

much later when i'm off work: beers

Breakfast:
    Bowl of Panda Puff cereal with soy milk
    Cup of tea

Lunch:
    Baked beans, 2 corn tortillas, salsa

Supper: (I was craving "fast food"/"junk food" )
    Chick'n burger on a toasted bun with soy cheese, tomato slice, ketchup, mustard, and relish
    French fries with ketchup
    Pop

Dessert:
    Small handful of sugary cereal

Evening snacks (not all at once):
    Cup of tea with pita bread
    2 calcium+vitamin D candies
    Bowl of salad (romaine, tomato, broccoli, onion, cucumber, green pepper, croutons, bac'n bits, apple cider vinegar, French dressing, salt&pepper)
    Maybe I'll have a cup of milky decaf coffee later tonight.

Today:

2 cups of coffee with Silk Creamer.

1 Bowl of Maple Nut Oatmeal made with Vanilla Soy Milk and sprinkled with 1 Tablespoon of Hemp Seed Nut.

A few squares of Chocolate.

1 Organic Banana.

1 Yves Veggie Penne Bowl.

1 Veggie Hot Dog (Sausage Bun, Yves Jumbo Veggie Dog, Ketchup, Pickles)

Soon I'm going to have a cup of Organic Earl Grey tea and a couple of Oatmeal Cookies.

I don't feel so healthy after today's effort - but it was a kind of eat-on-the-run day. Looking forward to healthier eating tomorrow.

bfast: oatmeal, banana
    snack: iced cinnamon soy latte (16oz.)
    lunch: whole wheat bagel w/ vegan sundried tomato "chicken" salad (from whole foods) and an apple
    snack: a couple of spoonfuls pb
    snack: 2 beers
    dinner: wrap w/ grilled veggies and mustard/ketchup, some broccoli and mushrooms w/ balsmaic vinegreatte
    snack: wholesoy mixed berry yogurt

Breakfast:
    -2 multigrain pancakes with pumpkin butter
    -Plain soy yogurt with a little stevia

Lunch:
    -Sprouted whole wheat bagel
    -Lots of raw broccoli, cauliflower, and baby carrots with sundried tomato hummus
    -Apple

Dinner:
    -Tofu, brushed with teriaki sauce and broiled
    -Kasha cooked in veg broth
    -Salad: romaine, red peppers, mushrooms, cucumber slices with a low fat rapberry vinaigrette dressing
    Dessert: Apple

Later: A smoothie, most likely

breakfast: muesli with vanilla soymilk

lunch: a verona roll and a rye-bread roll. some orange juice.

dinner: potatoes, and a cauliflower/asparagus stew, a tomato salad and artiscoke. sooo nice

night snack: a banana and some soyacocoa

breakfast: half a peanut butter and strawberry jam sandwich

lunch at a chinese buffet: fried potatoes, two spring rolls, a couple pieces of cucumber roll & wakame roll, steamed veggies w/ tofu, fried rice, and a stir-fry of bean sprouts, onion, carrot, green pepper, broccoli, mushroom & garlic

snack: banana

during the football game: pretzels, salt & pepper chips, and a couple beers

dinner: salad of mixed lettuce, red onion, grape tomatoes, refried beans, guacamole, salsa & vegan sour cream

Breakfast:
    Bowl of cereal with soy milk

Lunch:
    Chick'n burger on a toasted bun with soy cheese, onion slice, ketchup, mustard, and relish
    Salad made from romaine lettuce, tomato, red pepper, onion, cucumber, broccoli, bac'n bits, croutons, apple cider vinegar, low-fat French dressing

Supper:
    Bowl of Maple Nut oatmeal with extra maple syrup
    Cup of chocolate soy milk
    Banana

Evening snacks (not all at once):
    Salad made from romaine, tomato, cucumber, broccoli, bac'n bits, rice vinegar, olive oil, salt&pepper
    4 cookies (2 ginger snaps, 2 fortune cookies)
    Lots of pistachios
    Cup of tea
    Pita bread and jam

Today:

1 bowl of organic plain oatmeal, made with vanilla soymilk and to which I added: 1 teaspoon organic sugar, 1oz organic raisins and 1 tablespoon Hemp Seed Nut.

A few pieces of chocolate.

1 organic banana.

1 cup of coffee with Silk creamer.

1 lovely big cob of corn with a little Earthbalance spread on it.

1 wrap: wholewheat tortilla and all wrapped up inside - Yves Chick'n patty, organic orange pepper, organic baby romaine, tomato slices, guacamole, vegan mayo, ketchup.

30g Onion Pakoda (Indian style chip)

1 cup of Guava juice.

About to have a cup of organic Earl Grey tea and a couple of oatmeal cookies.

lots to eat today as I cooked dinner for my wonderful flatmates to say thank you for making me feel at home (I only moved in very recently).

breakfast:
    coffee + soya milk
    soya yogurt, oats + pear

lunch:
    spelt bread + yeast extract
    salad (radicchio, tomatoes, red pepper, cucumber, celery)
    2 figs

dinner:
    stuffed portobello mushroom on spinach salad with a dressing made of blue grapes and figs
    chestnut roast loaf, sweet potato wedges, squash and plum veggie dish
    apple and pear crumble with vanilla ice cream
    coffee
    First it was necessary to civilize man in relation to man.
    Now it is necessary to civilize man in relation to nature and the animals.
    Victor Hugo

Yesterday-

Breakfast: Smoothie with strawberries, banana, and blackberries
    Lunch: Nachos with chips, tofutti sour cream, refried beans, tomatoes and salsa
    Snack: pb&j
    Dinner: Went to Panera and had black bean soup and a Cafe Salad
    Snack: Oatmeal and a couple of Flavor Ice

yesterday's eats:

-oatmeal, banana

-grilled veggie burrito filled w/ rice, black beans, and salsa; unsweetened iced tea

-16oz. almond soy latte

-wrap filled w/ veggies and mustard and ketchup; bowl of broccoli and mushrooms w/ oil and vinegar

-small bowl of life cereal w/ soy milk

-lots of alcohol.....

today:

breakfast: something called koldskål (cold buttermilk dish - vegan of course!) with bananaslices.

lunch: 2 bowls of gazpacho with sprouts. home made bread with raisins, sunflowerseeds, hazelnuts, and maple syrup. yum!

snacks: coffee, a few pieces of marzipan chocolate.

dinner: any suggestions?
    ____

we had a stir-fry with rice noodles
    Last edited by Smoothie; Oct 9th, 2006 at 09:23 AM. Reason: i eated

-whole wheat bagel w/ about 3tb. tofutti cream cheese; banana

-6oz. rasberry soy yogurt

-sandwich w/ a chickpea patty, carrots, onion, and veganaise on whole grain bread

-soy mocha latte, apple

-huge salad w/ lots of veggies and some beans w/ oil and vinegar; bowl of brown rice

-caremel creme soy icecream.....it was actually too sweet for me!

pavotrouge

breakfast: 2 slices of three-seed bread with hummous and tomatoes
    1 cup of soy hot chocolate
    1 cup of green tea

lunch: pizza with chicken-style TVP, brocolli and the amazing miso-tahini sauce

snack:
    1 organic banana
    1 wholewheat roll with homemade banana-fig marmelade
    2 cups of VWAV garlic & white bean soup

dinner: yet to come, probably something pasta-y since I've got a lot of tomato sauce left

I have had the most fabulously indulgent weekend with my dad and sister!

Yesterday we went to asheville:

brunch (Over Easy Cafe): bowl of fruit sprinkled w. some granola
    organic wheat toast w. apple butter
    coffee
    snack (Rosetta's Kitchen): vegan queso dip w. chips
    huge slice of chocolate cake w. PB frosting!
    (amazing!!!)
    dinner (back in Winston - Whole Foods): small container of steamed broccoli,
    edamame, asian tofu
    some mango and pineapple
    dessert: small oatmeal raisin cookie w. a little bit of mocha almond ice cream (1/4-1/2 cup ish)

Today:

brunch: small sundried tomato bagel (1/2 w. tofutti cream cheese and 1/2 w. EB)
    some pineapple and grapes sprinkled w. small spoon of granola
    few home fries w. ketchup
    snack: no bake cookie

geesh I'm full! such a yummy weekend - now bringing fam to the airport wont be home till thanksgiving. ::sigh::
    - Lama Zopa Rinpoche

Sounds like a GREAT weekend Wishin!

Tomorrow my university's vegan association is having a vegan Thanksgiving potluck. I can't wait to try all the food there! I'm going to bring my tofutti cheesecake (1 cherry and 1 blueberry!) I'll post later tomorrow to say what I had. I can't wait!

P.S. Happy Thanksgiving to those celebrating it this weekend!
    "Man can do as he wills, but not will as he wills" - Arthur Schopenhauer

Glad you had lots of good food, Wishin.

Well, Sandra, as promised, here is my food intake for today...

Started off with a cherry bakewell tart! And a glass of orange juice.

Then a jam sandwich (apple and blueberry jam on homemade bread, made with seeds in it).

Later I had a two more cherry bakewell tarts, a packet of crisps and several pieces of Montezuma's chocolate.

Dinner is going to be a Sutaki pie, potato wedges and mixed veg (peas, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower).

So there we go, proof most of us eat crap too!!!
    "Do what you can with what you have where you are."
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Now that sounds like my kinda day!

-strawberry soy yogurt

-went to a vegetarian Indian restaurant. They have a lunch buffet, so I tried some of everything that didn't have milk in it... curry vegetable dishes, curry potato dishes, samosas, naan, rice, TON of water bc everything was spicy.

I love Indian food, even though it's so spicy for me! I kept eating despite the fact that my eyes were watering and my nose was running and my face was all red.
    I eat nutritional yeast by the spoonful.

thanks guys!
    - Lama Zopa Rinpoche