Thread: liberal's on gay marriage?

Default liberal's on gay marriage?

does anyone know if the canadian liberal's are against or for gay marriage? i cant seem to find any information on this.
    "you dont have to be tall to see the moon" - african proverb

Default Re: liberal's on gay marriage?

Paul Martin is trying very hard to dodge any bullet that comes his way. Essentially his stance is "Hey if the courts say its legal there is nothing I can do", So then he isn't pissing off the people that are for it because it goes through and he isn't pissing off the people that are against it because it was out of his hands. If you ask me Canada's biggest joke today is the Liberal party and the runner up is the conservatives popularity.

I say go green, but I wouldn't be crying if the NDP got in either. Both of those parties are for it.
    "Its bad karma to fuck with the stoned"- Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas Comentary (found on criterion collection)

Yea, liberals are pissing me off by being so middle of the road. I've always respected the NDP and Green party alot more. Conservatives were never my thing, i dont think i can think of anything that they uniqely stand for that i am not against. Anywho, Its legal now, but its been so back and forth who knows whats going on! My boyfriends oldest brother recently came down to halifax to get married to his boyfriend. It was veyr nice, and so stupid that it wouldn't have been legal even a few months before that. Its not a big deal, they are just two people who love each other enough to be wed. Looking at the divorce rate for legal marriages, id say heterosexuals who disagree with homosexuals being married should look at their own relationships first.
    "You'd better take care of me lord, otherwise you're gonna have me on your hands" - Hunter S. Thompson

The conservatives whole war plan on gay marraige is a dead one, They don't want gays to marry because its not "gods way", we have the whole seperation of church and state in this country (though I don't think it is called as such) to protect us from religious fundamentalists who would try and impose gods law upon us all wether we like it or not. Conservatives always claim they promote "family values" I think leftists promote family values to they just have a progressive version of what family values is and what it may become.
    "Its bad karma to fuck with the stoned"- Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas Comentary (found on criterion collection)